DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I take off using the just the RC? (No phone or tablet)

TrayBoz

Reactions
I decided to try and fly the Mavic today without using my phone or tablet, just the RC, mainly so that I can use the phone to film it in flight. I immediately realized there is no "launch" or "take-off" button on the RC unit.

Am I missing something? I have seen several threads here saying that the Mavic can be flown with JUST the RC, but if so, how do you take off?

Just push both stick down and to the bottom. Then when motors turn on push left stick up and the mavic will take off

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: dodgedis
I decided to try and fly the Mavic today without using my phone or tablet, just the RC, mainly so that I can use the phone to film it in flight. I immediately realized there is no "launch" or "take-off" button on the RC unit.

Am I missing something? I have seen several threads here saying that the Mavic can be flown with JUST the RC, but if so, how do you take off?

You start the motors with a CSC (combined stick command). Then push up slowly on the throttle stick to lift off.

You will have to land manually also since there is no auto-land button on the remote. I like to descend slowly to about 2 to 4 inches above the surface and then pull the stick all the way down. I've landed Phantoms over 500 times using this method without a single tipover.

You should practice manual take-offs and landings with your phone attached first so you can fall back on the auto "crutches" if something isn't working like you expected.

I'm sure somebody will chime in with the obligatory "It's in the manual". (Edit- Roc Rat beat me to it.)

Start the motors with the CSC, combination stick command, by pulling the sticks down and together, or apart. That's the startup and shutdown sequence.

I'm actually trying to do this, but no dice. I'm pushing down on both sticks and the motor is not going on. Is there a certain setting?

You need to push them both down and to the inside corner or to the outside corner

70ab91cdf14dc6d2ae1bd9f9b9ad4019.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya