DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Often Do You Fly In Atti Mode

JDawg

Reactions
And do any of you always fly in atti? Used 3 batteries on Hans today and I am finally getting a good feel for it, it is 100% a different experience. I looked down to change a camera setting for what felt like a couple of seconds and Hans had drifted a block by the time I looked up. Lots of figure eights and I find I use the side shift more. It is really a shame it is not a part of the stock set up, this is the way to really learn how to fly.

Did you enable Atti using DJI Assitant 2 and a parameter change?
Yes, on my Air. Going to do it to my M2P tomorrow. If I had ever lost GPS and had to fly in atti in before I had actually flown in atti and in a stressful situation I would like to have had a video of the situation :).
There is a thread from a couple of days ago of a guy who could have easily lost his drone going through a bridge. If he had atti available I think it would have been no problem.
A year ago I got my Air and thought 'this is easy'. It wasn't until a couple of months ago that I realized I had training wheels on, which I will never get rid of.

i fly my x21 in atti mode great fun it has two speed settings and in atti and fast ,it goes like the clappers only downside you need a large open space and no people around to do it safely. sure does concentrates the mind i always cheat and switch back to GPS for landing at least it lives to fly another day

i fly my x21 in atti mode great fun it has two speed settings and in atti and fast ,it goes like the clappers only downside you need a large open space and no people around to do it safely. sure does concentrates the mind i always cheat and switch back to GPS for landing at least it lives to fly another day
I hand catch and would not even consider doing it in atti mode.

Reactions: old man mavic
If I want to fly in atti mode I just fly one of my FPV drones using acro. Lol

I use it with my P4P and inspire. You can get some really smooth footage.
i guess you mean by smooth that you do not get the sudden braking in atti .as apposed to GPS mode

Reactions: JDawg
Yes, on my Air. Going to do it to my M2P tomorrow. If I had ever lost GPS and had to fly in atti in before I had actually flown in atti and in a stressful situation I would like to have had a video of the situation :).
There is a thread from a couple of days ago of a guy who could have easily lost his drone going through a bridge. If he had atti available I think it would have been no problem.
A year ago I got my Air and thought 'this is easy'. It wasn't until a couple of months ago that I realized I had training wheels on, which I will never get rid of.

Being able to fly well that way also makes you less vulnerable to the drone cops when they try to shoot your bird down with their GPS jammers! ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themirac