DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to best avoid the new Mavic firmware?

kona

Reactions
I'm reading horror stories about people's drones landing on the spot when straddling an NFZ. Sometimes even in water. While I don't ever fly in NFZs, I will avoid this "upgrade" at all cost, even if I have to sell the Mavic. What do I need to do? Can I still safely update the Go 4 app or will it eventually force me to update the firmware as well?

Firmware updates are always optional.

FYI, you can also easily downgrade the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 app if you upgrade and wish to revert back. DJI sometimes removes the oldest firmware updates, so you might not be able to revert back if you upgraded from a very old firmware version.

Just upgrade the firmware and be done. This constant argument about the latest firmware is getting tiring

But as said if it is not a forced update why should he update and be done? If he wishes to avoid the update then that is his prerogative.

Just upgrade the firmware and be done. This constant argument about the latest firmware is getting tiring

I prefer not to have my drone land into a lake or ocean in case I ever straddle a NFZ. It's a deal breaker to me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM