DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Bypass The Updates

MrMavic

Reactions
Yes, I know this has been asked before, but maybe there's an "Updated" way to bypass all these crappy updates that don't work. Every time I come on here it seems there's a new update that ruins our experience, then guys are spending all their time trying to go back to a previous version that works. I've been hearing about crappy video quality with the newest update, so I'm not going there.
What's the easiest way to continue flying without updating when DJI is telling us we must update to fly?

On a side note, .... "Come on DJI, get your head out and quit spinning forwards while sliding backwards." Stop fixing things that are not broken!

Reactions: TerryJ and Sterling
What's the easiest way to continue flying without updating when DJI is telling us we must update to fly?

No update is mandatory (yet). DJI makes it seem that way in their verbiage but you can just hit "Ignore" and continue to fly. Only the Spark has had a required update.

I'm still flying 01.03.0700. I typically turn my tablet on and put it in 'airplane mode' with wifi and BT off. I use OTG cable to connect to controller, power up controller, Mavic. Once they connect together, I open DJI app and connect the cable from controller to tablet. It flies just fine, you can ignore update notices. I do same for Spark. I'm not sure with the newer firmware they haven't clamped down with more control, but I learned my lesson from P3 firmware, it was always providing more bugs than it fixed. Worse now for Mavic and Spark IMHO. Buggy stuff not to mention extent of DJI control is wound a bit too tight.

Thanks guys. The reason I thought it was mandatory is because I was on a vacation trip last summer and when I tried to fly, I found it impossible without updating ..... and I figured all the updates would be that way. Thanks so much for clearing that up. I will be ignoring it on this one.

Thanks guys. The reason I thought it was mandatory is because I was on a vacation trip last summer and when I tried to fly, I found it impossible without updating ..... and I figured all the updates would be that way. Thanks so much for clearing that up. I will be ignoring it on this one.
That's why I went for three months around Italy with the phone for the MP permanently in airplane mode!

Which FW are you currently on?

I'm currently on 01.04.0000
I didn't see any place on the equipment screen to "Bypass" the new firmware, but I can go on to the flight page. Will that notification eventually go away if I ignore it?

IMG_0414.PNG

yup, I believe so. Just click on the "Start Flight" tab and away you go. The "update request" will show up each time you start, but just ignore it and keep flying.

Reactions: TerryJ
Will that notification eventually go away if I ignore it?
No. It'll keep appearing there. Just ignore it if you don't want to update.

Don't update your app or firmware. The only potential problem comes if you decide to update your iOS or Android operating system. It could cause errors with older apps. I do wish there was a legacy option on iOS to keep older apps functioning without developer updates on newer operating systems.

My DJI GO 4 app updated to V4.1.18
I generally don't have auto update on but for whatever reason it happened.
I do have a back up apk of version V4.1.15
Should I revert to that 15 version or bite the bullet and go with the 18?

After reading some of the issues I'm a bit cautious.

I've not connected the Mavic yet to do the latest version upgrade..or am I committed?

hello peeps. I have a question about this new update.... I just updated then went outside to fly and everything is fine ,but my video feed is upside down... Anyone else hear or have this happen them??

Got a screenshot?

hello peeps. I have a question about this new update.... I just updated then went outside to fly and everything is fine ,but my video feed is upside down... Anyone else hear or have this happen them??

That's a mad one lol. Hope you find a fix.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic