DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to use the flymore bag?

cbaileyuk

Reactions
Are you putting the drone in gimbal down (towards bottom) or gimbal facing up?

I really don't like that bag at all and much prefer how the Air's bag worked. Does anyone have any ideas about a new transport solution for it? I can't imagine this little sandwich bag being used much :(

Here's how I have it. (see attached images)

In addition to the photos below, I have extra memory cards and other bits and pieces in both the outer flap front exterior pocket and in the inside mesh pocket (under the lid).

I have to admit that it's a tight fit putting the M2Pro into the compartment. The props can catch on the edge of the divider and the edge of the bag. It's better to put the drone in before the controller.

92cgHRf.jpg

uzLAuzD.jpg

qgi3AJW.jpg

gtxlHee.jpg

why not look in the multiple bag threads before starting yet another one ?

Forums can bring out the absolute worst in people. Can you imagine being in a crowded room, housing multiple conversations and I say to those around me 'does anyone know how to use this bag' and a random leans over and says 'why don't you wander around this room and find a conversation where people are talking about bags' :D:D:D

In addition to the photos below, I have extra memory cards and other bits and pieces in both the outer flap front exterior pocket and in the inside mesh pocket (under the lid).

I have to admit that it's a tight fit putting the M2Pro into the compartment. The props can catch on the edge of the divider and the edge of the bag. It's better to put the drone in before the controller.

92cgHRf.jpg

uzLAuzD.jpg

qgi3AJW.jpg

gtxlHee.jpg

cheers, appreciate that. I think it's time to buy a replacement bag :)

92cgHRf.jpg

uzLAuzD.jpg

qgi3AJW.jpg

gtxlHee.jpg

Man that looks like a kids shirt worn by chris farley.

Reactions: jbphoto

92cgHRf.jpg

uzLAuzD.jpg

qgi3AJW.jpg

gtxlHee.jpg
this is how i set it up also.. excellent case .. much better than the old one for mavic pro as now i can put both batteries inside the case and not on the sides!

I hate to put camera down. I put it up.

I remember one day with my mavic 1 facing down.. The gimbal protection broke so for some hours, much pressure was into the camera without even me noticing

I got the lesson

Forums can bring out the absolute worst in people. Can you imagine being in a crowded room, housing multiple conversations and I say to those around me 'does anyone know how to use this bag' and a random leans over and says 'why don't you wander around this room and find a conversation where people are talking about bags' :D:D:D
There is a valid reason to do a search before starting a new thread, otherwise this forum gets cluttered and everything is hard to find.

There is a valid reason to do a search before starting a new thread, otherwise this forum gets cluttered and everything is hard to find.
I have just done a search for 'flymore', 'flymore mavic 2', 'flymore use'.

Could you point me at the thread which addresses this particular question then I will use that one - delete this one by all means if it stops the forum getting cluttered.

I suppose one person's clutter, is another's 'communication'. Point me at the relevant thread and I'll move over to that one :)

Reactions: Bunny Too
I have just done a search for 'flymore', 'flymore mavic 2', 'flymore use'.

Could you point me at the thread which addresses this particular question then I will use that one - delete this one by all means if it stops the forum getting cluttered.

I suppose one person's clutter, is another's 'communication'. Point me at the relevant thread and I'll move over to that one :)
I appreciate you searching I will try to find the thread.

IMG_3235.JPGIMG_3236.JPG
FYI - hangtag on bag as delivered...

Reactions: Trees138
Ahh :)

As I feared. I really don't want to point the gimbal downwards :(
I think with the camera pointing up the blades are more likely to get snagged on the bag when you are trying to shove the drone in there- at least that was my experience. With the gimbal cover on there I don't see an issue with the camera being down.

View attachment 44816View attachment 44817
FYI - hangtag on bag as delivered...
I thought this diagram was really not helpful. Doesn't show how to fit in the other stuff like the charger, etc. I've been doing a method similar to socaldude except I leave the hub at home and store the batteries up top in case they are hot when I stow them, I figure they might cool off a little more efficiently.

I think with the camera pointing up the blades are more likely to get snagged on the bag when you are trying to shove the drone in there- at least that was my experience. With the gimbal cover on there I don't see an issue with the camera being down.

That is until the gimbal cover breaks during transport as I mentioned it in my post and camera face the pressure of being in the bottom of bag

But this happened with the gimbal cover of my MAVIC 1... Maybe this one is stronger

But I don't want to take the risk

I have my 2 Pro facing down like the diagram and the nose is touching the bottom of the bag but the gimbal cover seems to have a decent amount of clearance.

I really don't like the bag at all. It's nowhere near as good as the Air's bag. I've bought another to transport the item.

This may help some people:

Reactions: miemo
The gimbal cover isn't the lowest point when down. Doesn't seem to disturb it, and the walls of the case are pretty stiff. If you point it up, the rubber legs get caught when trying to take the drone out. I rubber band the props (use one of my wife's hair ties) to keep them from snagging. One battery in the bottom, one up top with the controller. I hang my mavmount 3 on the side of the case with the tablet holder tucked into the elastic. Will just have to carry my ipad separately, but there was never any hope of fitting an ipad pro in a fly more bag.

Reactions: Greenflash and KONY
I have my 2 Pro facing down like the diagram and the nose is touching the bottom of the bag but the gimbal cover seems to have a decent amount of clearance.
I can feel the gimbal cover from the bottom of the bag so I see Kony's point.

I'm not too keen on leaving the props on, snag or no snag. Isn't there too much pressure against them where they may get bent or possibly snag and chip?
I'd like to see protectors on the motor tips. They snag on everything! I'm tending to put holes in the blanket on the bed in my guest bedroom.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer