DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How's this Possible??

hookalakupua

Reactions
Hey guys. Just came across this and was wondering how in the world he bypassed the altitude limits within the software. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Reactions: Joao Vgs
Interesting. I am aware that on certain forums they have found the option embedded in the MP to bypass the ceiling height set by DJI. There i also a 3rd party option that you can purchase which not only bypasses the restriction, but also disables/changes NFZ......

Reactions: hookalakupua
Interesting. I am aware that on certain forums they have found the option embedded in the MP to bypass the ceiling height set by DJI. There i also a 3rd party option that you can purchase which not only bypasses the restriction, but also disables/changes NFZ......

Some of you guys are way to smart to figure that stuff out! Haha. I'd love to fly a little higher than 400ft but that 4200m is insane. Great video though as I'm jealous.

Pretty shot!
Pretty small praise when one accident or near miss with a occupied craft could damage it all (at least in the US) for the rest of us PICs. Or end lives. Pretty video though.

Reactions: tswitz65
Where I live I have sea mist / fog roll in every now and again, particularly in spring / Autumn so might try the mist thing. Its quite low mist but about it can be wonderful.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
I will do but you might have to wait awhile now as its into full blown heat where I am :)

It was done with a phantom 2 there are no restrictions at all

Low level fog. I've done that before with my Phantom. They pause the video for a long time and allow the altitude counter to go up, then emerge at 4200m... or something like that.

I think you are referring to something I had just posted about in a thread I created. Here is a link to the product: NFZ mod for Mavic Pro

It was done with a phantom 2 there are no restrictions at all
This is what I thought, too... Look at the shot above the clouds. That's a wide-angle lens. The image is bowing. That is not a Mavic lens. It looks like a GoPro Hero 3, using the "Wide" lens setting.

This is just a morning fog getting ready to leave for the day to take over.... I woke up early just to try it once.

It's at 500m altitude .
(And no, it's perfectly legal in my town)

This is just a morning fog getting ready to leave for the day to take over.... I woke up early just to try it once.

It's at 500m altitude .
(And no, it's perfectly legal in my town)

How do you find out if it's legal? So I can check in my town. Someone has a phantom close to me and he flies higher than my 399 feet, I flew under him a couple of times but my height is limited.

How do you find out if it's legal? So I can check in my town. Someone has a phantom close to me and he flies higher than my 399 feet, I flew under him a couple of times but my height is limited.

You're height is limited because you need to change your settings.

You can go as high as 500m

I found it thanxs, but is it legal?
If you are a hobby flyer, it is legal in the US (but many advise against it). I topped my Phantom 2 out at around 1,600ft elevation. I launched from a deep canyon and was still below 400' AGL at the height of the flight. My point? 400' is not always 400' :confused: - so setting a higher ceiling could be perfectly safe under the right conditions.

Reactions: Sky Shark
I saw a guy on YouTube and he said you hold the return to home button and that would work. I tried it and it didn't

QUOTE="hookalakupua, post: 205367, member: 18988"]Hey guys. Just came across this and was wondering how in the world he bypassed the altitude limits within the software. Any thoughts?
Thanks

[/QUOTE]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta