DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max altitude

Okay yall are probably right. I messed up by flying up to 10,000 feet. But I decided not to do it again anyway because it is really dangerous. If you see in the video it says that the drone blew 40 feet to the right. Winds are powerful at 10,000 feet usually.
I'm not the drone police and I'm not here to judge anyone's video, for all I know this could have happened in Mexico or it's CGI. For me, I just wanted to know how you got the approval since we don't hear about that too often. Not that I would seek similar approval myself but often there are situations where I would like to make an unusual request and if it is really this easy, perhaps I would fly more places....that's all. It's up to you what you do with your videos, I don't think the FAA is going to hunt you down but you gotta know if you post on a drone forum and claim you did this legally and with all the right approvals to fly a drone *that* high, we're going to take notice. FYI I think we know the drone's "capabilities." :)

Had to change the extension because before it wouldn't work but it was originally .xlsx
I can't seem to open it so because I have really complex security on my computer.....but are you saying the attachment contains your genuine FAA authorization? You got this from the FAA? Screenshot?

Dji fly safe request. Last one was set so that the altitude was above 500m
I see that your 17 years old and I'm guessing that you're new to flying drones. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're genuinely naive about regulations and good operating procedures and not bluffing or just trying to stir things up. I'd hate to see you get into a bind because you don't understand the situation.

You really need to understand that your flight was not authorized by the FAA and it seriously violated FAA drone regulations. The altitude limit for recreational drone flights is 400' above ground level. You also created a serious safety hazard. That unlock request that DJI responded to does not give you permission to violate FAA rules. DJI has no authority to do that.

You're the pilot in command when you're flying and every decision is exclusively yours. You may indeed choose to violate the regulations. But you really need to understand how seriously wrong a flight to 10,000' is.

You're advertising your violation on Youtube and advising others that it's easy to do and not a big deal. You're implying that you had FAA airspace authorization and misleading other inexperienced drone owners.

@BigAl07, as someone somewhat involved with the FAA, would you like to comment?

@Ardenkablam your call ultimately, but I wouldn't leave that video (evidence) on YouTube for the FAA to find. I found your address on Google in 2 minutes... and I'm sure the FAA has better resources to work with than me.

Reactions: Starz
@Ardenkablam your call ultimately, but I wouldn't leave that video (evidence) on YouTube for the FAA to find. I found your address on Google in 2 minutes... and I'm sure the FAA has better resources to work with than me

@Ardenkablam your call ultimately, but I wouldn't leave that video (evidence) on YouTube for the FAA to find. I found your address on Google in 2 minutes... and I'm sure the FAA has better resources to work with than me.
How do you know what my address is

Tell me what my address is I just want to know if you really found it
I PMed you. I'm not going to post it here as I'm sure your dad would not appreciate that ;)

1699062177369.png

Reactions: Ardenkablam
We all make mistakes. Human nature.
Hopefully some lessons learned here.
Very true. We are all sinners and all fall short of God's glory. (Romans 3:23) "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8)

Ok gang, the "previous member/now guest" who posted the now deleted video and tutorial on how to so grossly violate Federal Regulations has been removed from the forum, by his own request.

Hopefully this will be a LEARNING EXPERIENCE for some others who simply "Buy & Fly".

Reactions: AlanL
Ok gang, the "previous member/now guest" who posted the now deleted video and tutorial on how to so grossly violate Federal Regulations has been removed from the forum, by his own request.

Hopefully this will be a LEARNING EXPERIENCE for some others who simply "Buy & Fly".

Probably didn't do TRUST before this flight either.

One mystery remains that's really itching at me: How did he get an unlock from DJI without an FAA waiver?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga