DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hudson Valley New York

90ae11624bebac46dc19ec95735fb5eb.jpg

Reactions: Crocket1158
Hey Hawk, I know Albany, my daughter went to college there, still go up there to the Pump Station for there great burgers, and the sweet potato fries, where are you flying in Albany?

For now since I'm still learning to fly and use third party apps, I'm fly in Washington Park most of the time. I live 3 seconds (not minutes) for the park. Lol. It's across from my house.

Reactions: Pumbaa
For now since I'm still learning to fly and use third party apps, I'm fly in Washington Park most of the time. I live 3 seconds (not minutes) for the park. Lol. It's across from my house.
Very cool, I should stop there when I am going to eat at the Pump Station, maybe next time I will.

Hey Westchester is part of the Hudson Valley and there are lots of great places. Here is one of the parks. Like most parks on a nice weekend afternoon, there are plenty of people but there are also spots where you can fly in peace. VE Macy Park is in Ardsley, right off the Saw Mill Parkway...

hi guys im in wallkill ny outside newburgh i just purchased the mavic pro, i moved up from the phantom 3 here is a link to my youtube vids so far with my dji drones,if anyone wants to hookup and fly our drones im availmostly on sat sun

youtube link=> john scott

Last edited:
hi guys im in wallkill ny outside newburgh i just purchased the mavic pro, i moved up from the phantom 3 here is a link to my youtube vids so far with my dji drones,if anyone wants to hookup and fly our drones im availmostly on sat sun

youtube link=> john scott
A local meet between pilots might be cool. I'm down, just sucks the weather's getting colder.

Anyone fly around the Walkway over the Hudson? I've seen Youtube footage, but don't know if they got a permit. It's not FAA restricted but the bridge itself is a state park. I wonder if it's OK to fly alongside it so you're not over a crowd.

hello woodstocknick
ive been flying aver and around it, there is a nice spot at the waterfront in highland to launch from,from what the park rules are i believe you can launch outside and go in,but cant launch from within the park, i go there to the riverfront alot to film passing tugs,barges etc.you are in woodstock?

Thanks for the info, johnsctt78. I'm new to drone flying. I'll be getting a Mavic Pro in the next week or two. I've been reading a lot about the regulations and watching many instructional videos. I want to do it right and not lose my drone or be a danger to anyone. I plan to eventually get my Part 107 so I can shoot commercially and maybe make a few bucks.
It seems from a lot of the walkway footage that they're taking off from Highland or from that condo construction site near the train station. That's probably how they're getting around the park ban.
Yep, I'm in Woodstock.

state farm offers full coverage insurance, i pay 60 for the yr, 0 deductable and will replace if lost or crashed, i have a mavik pro and 2 phantom 3's on it, and my apple ipad mini 4 and all support equiptment, feel free to contact me if you want to hook up over there, im from wallkill ny

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky