DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I believe DJI sold me a refurbed Mavic as "new"

I do not want to feed into his fear but to be honest I have never seen a new drone with that many DAT files. I think 2 is the norm and each time he powers it on a new one will be created. If he uploads those DAT files to a dropbox account and links them I would be happy to let him know the history.

Rob
Rob sent you a pm.

Welp, the drone is "practically" brand new according to DJI customer service.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 12.34.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 12.34.48 PM.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 178
Only buy from online merchants that offer liberal return policy (i.e. Crutchfield, B & H, Amazon / no third party sellers) or from brick and mortar facility. Many have had good experiences with DJI direct however, if one runs into any issue, you're likely going to regret your decision.

Seems like a translation struggle to me, I'm genuinely not sure if he thinks your drone is new or not.

Unpack those log files and see where it flew!

I looked at the logs and sent the info to the OP.
I will let him tell you the story, I am not sure if he wants to go public or present it to DJI first.

Rob

I looked at the logs and sent the info to the OP.
I will let him tell you the story, I am not sure if he wants to go public or present it to DJI first.

Rob

Shoutout to Rob for helping me! Unfortunately, he confirmed what I already knew...drone was either a return or a refurb that was repackaged in a new box and sent to me by DJI.

More worrisome is the fact that the .dat files indicate a crash from the previous (first) owner.

It's crazy that any consumer has to deal with this type of situation. Does anyone have DJI's legal email address in the US?

Shoutout to Rob for helping me! Unfortunately, he confirmed what I already knew...drone was either a return or a refurb that was repackaged in a new box and sent to me by DJI.

More worrisome is the fact that the .dat files indicate a crash from the previous (first) owner.

It's crazy that any consumer has to deal with this type of situation. Does anyone have DJI's legal email address in the US?

Can you post the results of the dat files?

Brendan Schulman
Vice President of Policy & Legal Affairs at DJI
I believe it is his first initial and last name one word @dji.com

Reactions: dlopezjurado
Sounds like "alternative facts" to me! Not a good approach to customer service, and retaining customers.

Sure,
All credit goes to Rob. BTW: data in flight 7 and 8 are mine, which is weird because I didn't fly it.

k so it starts out the first time it was powered up it had firmware .0400 and was run for 84 seconds. No flight or motor tests.

The second time was on the April 7th for 640 seconds. No flying was done.

The third time it was powered up on April 7th again. in a house and flown indoors for about 140 seconds in GPS mode.

l1-jpg.10576

The fourth flight is baffling me. It was a long flight that ended in a crash. The odd thing is that it looks familiar like one of the recent crashes that we examined. If this is not your flight then something is really up.

l2-jpg.10577

The fifth power up file has an error and cannot be opened.

The sixth time is just a power up for 630 seconds with no flight and no location data.

The seventh power up was a flight on the 12 April was at a different location and involved a lot of hovering then a quick flight followed by more hovering and the a manual landing a house length away from where it took off.
Is this your flights?
l3-jpg.10578

The Eight power up was a short 400 second power on. No date is available but the motors were not started and the craft was just lifted up and moved around a bit and then put down.

Man that is some BS! I want to think it's just an honest mistake and somehow got mixed in the wrong pile but I would think with a company that big, things are scanned in and out. The agent on chat knew they got caught by dancing around a straight answer. So shady

Reactions: ibatman
email sent to mr Schulman, its definitely first initial and last name, one word btw. also CC'ed the PR, marketing, and gov relations email.

If you have the dji extended plan
That's how they do it for speed they swap it

So all these you tubers beating the Mavic pro up in there test . I hope I don't get one of them either

I feel bad for the OP. That really sucks big time. His story is definitely making me glad I bought insurance day one. No deductible and no questions asked. Don't even need to recover it. Just take my claim check to the store and buy another one. This whole thing makes me wonder more and more..........

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones