DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I can't find my drones on any Drone ID apps for my android tablet. What Am I doing wrong?

kiley

Reactions
I fly a new Mavic 3 Enterprise and a DJI Air 3, Neither shows up on any of the drone search ID apps that I download from the app store. I'm using a tripltek tablet linked to the internet. It's WIFI and Bluetooth are on. Why don't I see me drone?

Are you using Drone Scanner, Air Sentinel, or Open-DroneID?

I used all the apps listed. Still no luck. Is that strange? Or are my drones not showing up, a common thing with these apps?
I don't have to set any RID parameters on the drones do I?

I would think they would show up, considering they are new models. I believe they have RID installed. There is one thing though, I often get a temporary pop up that says RID error on both drones. I doubt that's a problem though. It only occurs when I first turn the drones on.

Maybe they are on an old firmware that don't emit.

You must set the android device properly and give the permissions to the app, also turn on WiFi/Bluetooth and remove the WiFi search limitation from the developer options for better performance. You should also leave the WiFi engaged, but not connected to any WiFi net, that way it will listen better, but it's not mandatory.

Drones start emitting as soon as you engage the motors, but it may take a minute or so for the app to pick the first beacon.

Android apps listening to inbuilt DJI RID emissions are not as fast listening as dedicated devices.

What phone are you using? If not configured to reliably catch wifi beacon, it will have a hard time. Most Smartphones aren't.

This is another reason the Karen scare is way overblown.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Maybe they are on an old firmware that don't emit.

You must set the android device properly and give the permissions to the app, also turn on WiFi/Bluetooth and remove the WiFi search limitation from the developer options for better performance. You should also leave the WiFi engaged, but not connected to any WiFi net, that way it will listen better, but it's not mandatory.

Drones start emitting as soon as you engage the motors, but it may take a minute or so for the app to pick the first beacon.

Android apps listening to inbuilt DJI RID emissions are not as fast listening as dedicated devices.
I'll try that. I'll let you know when I try it.

What phone are you using? If not configured to reliably catch wifi beacon, it will have a hard time. Most Smartphones aren't.

This is another reason the Karen scare is way overblown.
I'm using an android. It's hooked to my home wifi. Will a simple android pick up the signal or does it need to be an android phone. I here apple phone won't pick up RID.

FWIW, AirSentinel, OpenDroneID, and Drone Scanner from the Play Store reliably show my Air 2S on my Pixel 6. WiFi scan throttling has been disabled. I see a lot of comments where this or that RID scanner don't work, so wanted to post that these work for me.

FWIW, AirSentinel, OpenDroneID, and Drone Scanner from the Play Store reliably show my Air 2S on my Pixel 6. WiFi scan throttling has been disabled. I see a lot of comments where this or that RID scanner don't work, so wanted to post that these work for me.
Cool man you can track yourself down and then have a self confrontation 😁😜

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne