DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I finally got my wind turbine photo....

Wow! Great shot! Glad your Mavic held steady in all that wind. Love the colors on the ground as much as the windmills! I've really got a long way to go to get good with my photography. But I'm learning a lot from all of you experts that share your work here.

?

Reactions: Porky
Wow! Great shot! Glad your Mavic held steady in all that wind. Love the colors on the ground as much as the windmills! I've really got a long way to go to get good with my photography. But I'm learning a lot from all of you experts that share your work here.

?

Trust me I’m no expert, I’m really not but I’ve learned so much from members here on this forum, 1st thing was the rule of 3rds from @Meta4 then getting a better understanding from other members. I ask stupid question because I don’t know, then I get answers from the experts. @Slim.slamma helped me with the post side then I got more help and tips from @Cymruflyer, great bloke?

Silly things like getting the horizon straight makes a big difference, some people don’t do that, I never, but do now.

I also use YT and blogs to help me out with what I need to know, don’t want to keep asking questions here, they will soon get pi###d off with me, no doubt they are already...??

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
Cool! Love them both. Looks like a weather change imminent in the second one.

Second photo, I’d just landed then the heavens opened up? rained for about 5 minutes, then beautiful sunshine again, the wind didn’t improve though which was a pain.

Reactions: Thomas B
Nice photos! Were the turbines turning when you took them?

Yep they sure were, I bracketed (AEB) the first photo I took and this was the result, three shots. This photo was before post?

Attachments

• FA80C858-5E3E-4F21-957A-8C39DE594CCB.jpeg
    FA80C858-5E3E-4F21-957A-8C39DE594CCB.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 25
Did you take that Thomas? Blimey how many......?? the wind farm just up the road from has only about 10 turbines, I think they are about 400 ish ft tall, to the top of the prop.

It’s a buddy’s pic from his drone... I do want to get some photos of my own there and from the nearby ski lift. This wind farm stretches for literally a hundred miles beside the highway. Very windy in Palm Springs... Roads, even in parts of the city, are always covered in inches of blowing sand

Hi all, my first photo I’ve just put through post of something I’ve been wanting to take for ages. This was taken a stones throw from the North Sea, the wind was blowing from the East, so it was coming straight from the sea, I couldn’t believe how strong the wind was? I was getting so many error warnings, so I quickly took my photos and landed!

I will definitely be going back to that site when the wind is much calmer and the rapeseed is in full bloom.

Photo was taken in Raw mode and edited via Lr cc?? hope you like ?

View attachment 69337
I think it will be difficult to top this picture.

Hi all, my first photo I’ve just put through post of something I’ve been wanting to take for ages. This was taken a stones throw from the North Sea, the wind was blowing from the East, so it was coming straight from the sea, I couldn’t believe how strong the wind was? I was getting so many error warnings, so I quickly took my photos and landed!

I will definitely be going back to that site when the wind is much calmer and the rapeseed is in full bloom.

Photo was taken in Raw mode and edited via Lr cc?? hope you like ?

View attachment 69337
that's an awesome pic my man

I think it will be difficult to top this picture.

Great photo, clouds look amazing as well ???

that's an awesome pic my man

Thanks guys for your likes?? I’ve always wanted to get a photo of them, didn’t realise how close they were to my home address? I’ve seen so many photos of them from other people so that’s what Inspired me to do it. Not everyone’s cup o tea but I like them??

It all started for me when I see a buddy’s video of a monk sunbathing on top of a wind turbine a few years ago, he was flying a DJI Inspire, he put the video up on the Inspire forum then it went viral...

I can remember when it was played here in the uk on a tv program called “what people capture on camera” or something like that. I text him when it was being played, he couldn’t believe it, million’s of likes on youtube? lucky fellow..

Last edited:
It’s a buddy’s pic from his drone... I do want to get some photos of my own there and from the nearby ski lift. This wind farm stretches for literally a hundred miles beside the highway. Very windy in Palm Springs... Roads, even in parts of the city, are always covered in inches of blowing sand

Right then Mr @Thomas B I’m looking forward to seeing yours now??

Would be nice to see other people’s wind turbine photos on here. Come on guys, let’s see them?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne