DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic and need help finding out what happened - FOUND BY STARZ!

Quick update: I've opened the box now. Firstly, it was really well packed @Starz , nice job! Thumbswayup I've took a few pictures I'll put up later. Also, the drone looks in remarkably good shape to me. A few superficial scratches all over. No bother there. There's a little dent near the battery compartment but it doesn't stop the battery going in or out. I can't imagine it will have damaged the drone.

The big worry for me was the gimbal and lens. Well I've carefully removed the Polar Pro filter (which was a little scratched and dented) and the lens looks absolutely pristine. :cool:The gimbal itself has a few scratches on it, but to me looks to be fine. I'm going to try and power it up in a bit and see how it looks. Fingers crossed!

I've also got the SD card but I won't be able to view the footage until later.

Thanks once again @Starz, star by name, star by nature. :D

Just sneaked out of the office to power it up. Gimbal calibration completed fine Thumbswayup, camera looks to still focus ok Thumbswayup. I'll make sure I re-calibrate everything properly tonight, and there still could be some issues when I get up in the air, but at this stage it looks like it's going to be pretty much as good as new!

Reactions: JustaTech
That all looks a little familiar. Amazing ship time! Less than four days is fast. Maybe DJI should hire us to sort out their shipping issues. One concern I had was the motor shafts in the packing process. Looks like I had enough padding. Happy for you!! Don't forget to check the spot on the obstacle avoidance lens. I think the right side?

Reactions: ardipa
@Starz great story! Your an amazing member of the community! Super impressed!
Thanks for the pat on the back. I did what I thought was best and was lucky that the mountain gave it a visible resting place. The terrain there is pretty rough so it could have been unsuccessful.

Reactions: Jake Galloway
That all looks a little familiar. Amazing ship time! Less than four days is fast. Maybe DJI should hire us to sort out their shipping issues. One concern I had was the motor shafts in the packing process. Looks like I had enough padding. Happy for you!! Don't forget to check the spot on the obstacle avoidance lens. I think the right side?

Yeah the box was in really good shape, and you packed it really well, so no issues there.

I did check the obstacle avoidance lens and saw the mark. It appears to have wiped away easy enough. I'll be careful to keep an eye on it for the first few flights.

Props have been replaced with new ones (I'll keep the damaged ones as a memento). I think I'm good to go now.

I'll re-calibrate the IMU, compass and camera properly later. Is there anything else anyone thinks I should do before risking a very simple flight?

Yeah the box was in really good shape, and you packed it really well, so no issues there.

I did check the obstacle avoidance lens and saw the mark. It appears to have wiped away easy enough. I'll be careful to keep an eye on it for the first few flights.

Props have been replaced with new ones (I'll keep the damaged ones as a memento). I think I'm good to go now.

I'll re-calibrate the IMU, compass and camera properly later. Is there anything else anyone thinks I should do before risking a very simple flight?

No, but it would great to hear how that first flight goes, after sitting in the desert for days on end! What a story if it's fine!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Not sure if there are any media people over here (though I would think the possibility is much much high), wonder if they can put this story up on one of the news channels and take interviews with all the parties involved for this international rescue mission. Having stopped watching news for a long long time, I would watch such news any day.

Reactions: J-Dub
This has been the best story on the internet. :) I hope your first (post recovery) flight is successful!!

Reactions: Pablo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat