DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic and need help finding out what happened - FOUND BY STARZ!

Got to this thread late but this is just such an heartwarming story. Hopefully the high res video is in the drone and we can pair it up with the rescue photos and some video in the near future of the Mavic flying again halfway around the world.

Just outstanding everyone.

Reactions: LawFlyer
I'm thinking about just driving over there and looking over the spot where you lost and recovered the MP. Just because it's such a great story with a dramatic loss and a happy ending when Starz and LawFlier made recovery possible. If I do' I'll take a bunch of footage and photos and post them on here. Definitely the best reading I have come across on any forum. I think everyone that followed this thread has probably learned something important here. I know I did.
Thanks again everyone.
What part of Arizona are you?

I'm thinking about just driving over there and looking over the spot where you lost and recovered the MP. Just because it's such a great story with a dramatic loss and a happy ending when Starz and LawFlier made recovery possible. If I do' I'll take a bunch of footage and photos and post them on here. Definitely the best reading I have come across on any forum. I think everyone that followed this thread has probably learned something important here. I know I did.
Thanks again everyone.
If you go, you can actually drive up very close to the fence that Pablo described. Sharp curve in the road that you can see in the pictures,there is a small bare spot on the west edge of the road. That is the start of a narrow road that will get you within 20 feet of the fence. There is an opening in the fence that you have to wiggle through but very doable. 45 degree climb from there to the base of Mavick Mountain. Once at the base, it's a steeper climb but the rock is like climbing on really rough sandpaper so you don't slip easy. Take your time, my legs are still a little sore. Not used to that steep stuff. Great view from the top.

Reactions: MontanaMavic
Replies in bold.

Can anyone confirm that default 25% critical battery setting? If so this is almost certainly what happened.

Still I'd really like to see the flight log. Any idea why the app crashes each time I click the icon?

I just got my Mavic. I can confirm that my set has a default setting as follows:
Low batt warning - 30%.
Critical batt warning - 10%.

I do not think there is a problem to fly back with 22% of batt. Could be some other issue?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I just got my Mavic. I can confirm that my set has a default setting as follows:
Low batt warning - 30%.
Critical batt warning - 10%.

I do not think there is a problem to fly back with 22% of batt. Could be some other issue?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks for this info! I still find it strange it auto-landed at 22% given I had those settings above at default too. Some people have suggested that it landed earlier than 10% due to the altitude it was at (I wasn't actually high off the ground at all in reality, but the MP didn't know that).

But if that's the case why wasn't there anything in the flight logs to say it auto-landed due to critical battery? I definitely never received a critical battery warning at any point, only the 30% warning. I'm still not 100% what happened to be honest.

If it makes a difference and I'm not the battery expert, the battery was not turned on when found and was removed. When checked,it showed one flashing light which indicates 12.5 % or less. So do they turn off by themselves after a certain time frame?

So do they turn off by themselves after a certain time frame?

Yes. If there's nothing connected which consumes some current, they turn off. At least that is what happens when you use them with the powerbank adapter and disconnect all USB devices. Shortly after you do that, the battery shuts down.

Awesome thread. It's really good to know that there are still a lot of good people out there. Watching the news makes it seem like the whole world has gone to crap. Then you read a story like this and it makes you feel so much better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian