DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I may be being stupid, but...

Urbis

Reactions
What's with the case that comes with the Fly More Combo?

Nice case... but why the weird side flappy bag bit? I don't understand why it's there, it makes the shoulder strap awkward when that's open!

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't quite understand the concept of the zippered pouch on the rear of the bag.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Hmm. Not sure. I thought it would come in handy when trying to pack light.

Someone posted a vitya on YouTube; Four reasons not to get the flymore, one of em was the bag...

Nice case... but why the weird side flappy bag bit? I don't understand why it's there, it makes the shoulder strap awkward when that's open!
I put the mavic air firm-side case in there. Fits great and I only have one thing to carry.

Maybe it's for the ipad mini 4

It's for something extra that you might want to carry. I agree, it's awkward but its a catch 22... no room for anything extra or a side pocket just in case. If there was no side pocket some people would complain that there is simply no extra room to add anything. While I don't like it, I think DJI designed it well... kind of. it's nice that the shoulder strap is designed to pull it in tight to the bag. But it's also a bit awkward at the same time. I think this is why the also included as small case for the Air (which I think was a _great_ idea). The case is for the minimalist. The case protects the delicate Air and props and you can simply but the controller in your pocket or another pack.

Completely IMHO, I'd put a value on the cases at $25. So $160 for the extra two batteries and $25 for the cases is $185. That leaves you with $15 for everything else. I'd say the Fly More package might be worth the extra $200 for this reason and that you will need to wait another month before you can fly with more then 1 battery if you don't get it.

Prop guards fit inside the flap. Not a pretty solution,but that's where they go.

I agree. With all the top design displayed in the drone and remote, looks like they forgot about the bag. It is just not well thought. The "flappy pocket" cant fit anything. And if you put anything on it, it looks like a boxer's nose.

Also, I dont like the idea of carrying the drone on top of the bag, barely protected by a thin cloth. In fact, I have "redesigned" the interior of the bag to carry the remote, 3 batteries and the drone, with the more protective hard case.

Oh, and before I forget, the shoulder strap of the bag twists all over and it takes some time to get it back to "normal".

Unfortunately, no firmware update will fix this bag ;)

Reactions: Drewy
I have my filters, a pack of propellers and the battery USB piece in that zipper. Works great for me.

Turn the whole case on it’s side, then fold out the pocket. You may have to wiggle one plastic strap loop through the other, but then the former side pocket becomes a triangular top pocket. It’s actually a rather elegant solution once you figure out how to convert it.

Turn the whole case on it’s side, then fold out the pocket. You may have to wiggle one plastic strap loop through the other, but then the former side pocket becomes a triangular top pocket. It’s actually a rather elegant solution once you figure out how to convert it.

It's so obvious once you try it! Why didn't I think of that?

Reactions: Jdyowa

Those side pockets are where I store my 2 spare batteries

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone