DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you could pick . . . .

As said, iPads with cellular have GPS built in, assisted by cell tower positioning to make cold starts faster, as probably any smartphone produced that last 5 years.
The iPad mini 4 128GB is half the price of a 128GB iPhone 6S Plus. I would say "any" developer prefers iOS over Android due to the more homogenous environment.

I'm going to agree with the iPad mini.
I have the Mini 2 but to be honest I'm using my iPhone 7 Plus because it's much more compact in use.

Have you considered just using a different case for your phone? I use Apple's leather case ($45) on my 6s Plus, and am able to use it fine with the Mavic controller.

I'm with a mavmount and ipad mini 2; no problems and comfortable to use....

Reactions: Aerial West
Ipad Mini 4 all the way - you can find a brand new one around $300 (Wifi 16GB) if you look around eBay and similar sights. Flawless performance for me so far. Doesn't cost much more than a used Mini 2.

I'm one of the rare ones not to like the iPad mini, screen way too dim and washed out colors.

I use a Huawei Mate 8, bright 6" screen and no need for any mounting mods.
you don't need a mount for the iPad mini either, it fits into the controller perfectly.

So far I have just been using my 7+ but am looking to go for something bigger down the line when I am not on the go so much.

IF you are willing to try a chinese brand, try Oppo r9s... I'm using it now and have 20 plus flights so far on it and no freezes or crashes or issues..

The screen is also very bright and is useful if you are flying under a bright sun..

IF you are willing to try a chinese brand, try Oppo r9s... I'm using it now and have 20 plus flights so far on it and no freezes or crashes or issues..

The screen is also very bright and is useful if you are flying under a bright sun..
HI there,
Are you still having good results with your OPPO? I;m looking at a R9s Plus.

Are you using mavic air?

Very recent new owner of my first UAV (Mavic Pro). I operate it with an iPhone 6 Plus. I'm very careful with my phone and having to use it in the RC requires me removing my Otterbox which I really dislike doing. So I am contemplating buying something used specifically for using on my remote control. I don't plan to use it as a cell phone but just for GPS and video. If you could pick what device to buy in this situation, what would it be? Everything I read seems to direct you away from android devices although supposedly the Google Nexus 7 tablet is supposed to be a good choice. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
i too had the problem of which device to use along with which drone i would prefer so i fixed my issue
i now have a spark,2 mavics and a phantom and my devices are the wunderphone,wundertablet and an ipad mini 4 128 gig,i only now wonder if i need a CS

Very recent new owner of my first UAV (Mavic Pro). I operate it with an iPhone 6 Plus. I'm very careful with my phone and having to use it in the RC requires me removing my Otterbox which I really dislike doing. So I am contemplating buying something used specifically for using on my remote control. I don't plan to use it as a cell phone but just for GPS and video. If you could pick what device to buy in this situation, what would it be? Everything I read seems to direct you away from android devices although supposedly the Google Nexus 7 tablet is supposed to be a good choice. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
I was an Android phone user and not too keen on Apple, but I chose the iPad mini 4 over the CrystalSky, since I felt that there were more opportunities to use the ipad as a computer while traveling with the Mavic. The iPad fits perfectly in the controller so no need for a bulky mount.

the iPad Mini 4 is perfect on my P4P, but I don't care for it on the Mavic with the stock mount. I've never tried a different mount since the one I've been flying isn't mine (work's), and I intend on using my iPhone 6s on my personal MPP that's due to arrive Monday.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech