DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If You'rte From the UK and a "Senior"............................................

Look at the news
All 4 countries doing totally different things as regards rules and regulations about covid 19.
They call it the United Kingdom
Where's the unity?
And another thing
There's not much great left in great Britain.
Listen to the people who run our country waffling on. Answering questions with questions and lies.
It makes me wonder what the rest of the world must think about us

That's why I refer to the place I happened to be born as the British Isles, think 'the view from low earth orbit'. Physical geography is less mutable than the works of men, much of which is just noise and disappears sooner or later. Time to press the reset button on divisiveness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scubadiver1944
P
Pray tell
What's irrelevant?
All facts

That was a rather strange rant. In the US the states are also independently responding to the pandemic - political subdivisions always have some level of autonomy. The "Great" in GB does not refer to status - it refers to the large island as opposed to the entirety of the kingdom back in the middle ages. As for complaining about the behavior of the UK government, don't even go there - you will get zero sympathy from this side of the pond.

Im from Wales and everyone you ask from 12 to 100 years old will say they're Welsh. Most would actively remove a union flag if one appeared. Everyone i know will write Welsh not British on any official form about nationality. I do the same.
I was going to make a similar comment regarding the Welsh I've encountered. Thank you for confirming my experience from your end. There seems to be a VERY strong national identity in Wales.

Been a long time since I was there. Absolutely beautiful place, especially where I was from Carmarthen to Carreg Cennen.

I was going to make a similar comment regarding the Welsh I've encountered. Thank you for confirming my experience from your end. There seems to be a VERY strong national identity in Wales.

Been a long time since I was there. Absolutely beautiful place, especially where I was from Carmarthen to Carreg Cennen.
Ah Carreg Cennen...

35196974_10156343654002649_5215718120013955072_o.jpg

Nice area around there.

I havent lived full time in Wales for about 13 years now though - i just find the climate too depressing for every day existence so migrated to the tropics. There's only so much drizzle anyone can take.

That said, sadly, i have to go back there next week and am likely to be stuck there a while!

look you, see you!!

I am Home Counties English, but now live in South Africa, because its warmer here!
But I do get asked where I am from a lot...I just say England, or sometimes UK...or some times even Surrey...
But never Britain!

oh, and I lived in Cardiff and Bristol for 18 years, and still try to explain to my Dad the difference between "half tidy" and "gert lush"!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin