DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inexpensive Mini Pro 3 Cooling Solution

ScoopDFW

Reactions
After reading about the tendency for the Mini Pro 3 to overheat when doing updates or transferring files, I began looking for a small cooling fan that might eliminate the potential issue.

Here is what I found and have been using it for the past few days. It keeps the Mini Pro 3 cool to the touch. It’s a $6 solution that runs on a single AA battery. It also has a clip/stand that will direct air directly into the cooling vents in the nose of the drone.

Hope this is helpful to folks looking for a similar solution.

Fan Info:
Product Name: Treva Mini Clip Fan
Amazon Link: Amazon.com

Below are a few photos of the fan:

3522E228-3CC4-415D-AD7E-E2768FF75407.jpeg
36A173E5-5834-4532-AE03-6449E62247EC.jpeg

Attachments

• C3BB3D2F-CC07-4E13-BFFC-22FD5016B5EF.jpeg
    C3BB3D2F-CC07-4E13-BFFC-22FD5016B5EF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
After reading about the tendency for the Mini Pro 3 to overheat when doing updates or transferring files, I began looking for a small cooling fan that might eliminate the potential issue.

Here is what I found and have been using it for the past few days. It keeps the Mini Pro 3 cool to the touch. It’s a $6 solution that runs on a single AA battery. It also has a clip/stand that will direct air directly into the cooling vents in the nose of the drone.

Hope this is helpful to folks looking for a similar solution.

Fan Info:
Product Name: Treva Mini Clip Fan
Amazon Link: Amazon.com

Below are a few photos of the fan:

View attachment 150137
View attachment 150138
o_O Looks good but 23% hate it in the feed back

I got this one for my m3 hot spots

TriPole Small Desk Fan USB Powered Portable Fan 3 Speeds Strong Airflow

Only 2% hate it ;)

;)

Reactions: JamieK and ScoopDFW
o_O Looks good but 23% hate it in the feed back

I got this one for my m3 hot spots

TriPole Small Desk Fan USB Powered Portable Fan 3 Speeds Strong Airflow

Only 2% hate it ;)

;)
Don,
I can totally see why this little fan would get some negative reviews. If the expectations are to cool a person off, it would fail miserably. It simply does not move enough air.

However, it was one of the only fans that met my requirements.
1. Battery powered
2. Small enough to throw into the Drone bag/kit
3. Under $10
4. Would keep the drone from overheating when not in the air or when the props were spinning.

The bonus is that this little guy kind of matches the grey color of the drone itself. It is whisper quiet and moves just enough air to keep the drone cool to the touch for extended periods of time.

This is better than the fan I've been using, a personal 'purse' mini-fan that I had difficulty getting to stand up by itself. The only advantage was 3 speeds and a rechargeable built-in battery. I'll be looking for something like this, maybe smaller, rechargeable and with a simplified stand.
I never really understood why anyone wants to transfer those heavy video files to their smart phone. I want them on my desktop where I can 'mangle' them with Photoshop and Filmora 11. That's why I needed the fan - until I said the heck with that and easily pulled the Micro SD for the quickest transfer allowed by the card directly into the desktop. Some 'old' methods are still hard to beat.

I use an arctic breeze USB fan and the cheapo power bank that I keep in the FMC bag with all of the stuff.

I use an arctic breeze USB fan and the cheapo power bank that I keep in the FMC bag with all of the stuff.
Checking Amazon for 'personal mini fan' brings up many pages of fans, all rechargeable and multi-speed, with various practical & impractical features. If you use the fan frequently you'll re-coup the extra cost by not having to buy battery replacements.

Attachments

• 7FC912E5-8856-4074-938A-3C5099359429.jpeg
    7FC912E5-8856-4074-938A-3C5099359429.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
I bought a stack of NVMe SSDs several months ago (4 of them for a two-way mirrored zpool my video and photography lives on, another for a PS5) and they came with a lot of stick-on heat sinks and it's too bad I can't find a way to get heat out of the MM3P where a sink would even help.

My OG MM is totally fine in 90+F weather but the MM3P definitely does not enjoy this weather at all. I can't even pull logs off it fast enough!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2