DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Information if you DownGrade you GO4 app on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods can we please close this thread? OP is simply wanting to argue and insult folks. I won't pretend to be perfect on this thread, but all OP has done is insult others and accuse everyone else of being wrong.

It's like if you don't support his view, there's something wrong with you. What's most amusing is the accusations of not being able to understand English..............while unable to present a complete sentence or any sort of organized thoughts.

Another conspiracy, right SkunkWerx? Right?

You are asking me a reasonable question and a good one too !! My personal opinion is it could be a silent update added when you download the app from online and once it's in the system it spreads to all DJI files??? , it may even be hidden in the Remote controller software / FW as soon as you connect,
Think of the cause to act like a virus ( I said ACT like a virus --- not IS a virus )
Very good question Nightowl
The app calls home the moment you turn it on and will get the information from DJI. You need to install a firewall and have the firewall active before you start the app for the first time after a clean install, or at least be in airplane mode.

Install Netguard: NetGuard - no-root firewall - Android Apps on Google Play After you run NetGuard, remember to turn the switch to turn it on.

Install a clean version of DJI Go. (make sure you delete the three folders first, including the one found under /Android). Before you start it, make sure NetGuard sees it and that you have selected it to be blocked form both wireless and wifi. This will prevent it from calling him. I still recommend you run in airplane mode. You are also free to enable all permissions on it and it can't send that information from your phone so it is safe.

If you want to try 4.0.6, here it is - Dropbox - DJI-170411-250_official-f397466bc8206474ff99cd1d9fe817db.apk

If you enable all permissions on 4.0.6, allow it everything it asks for, and you enable location on your phone too, you will find this is the one version of the app that can go a full flight without crashing. Enabling the permissions is no big deal if the app is firewalled from calling home. Can't send your mug shot to DJI servers. Note I caught DJI Go 4 using my camera and I am sure they are capturing your photo to send back to DJI. I am not OK with that. Anyway, close all other apps and force close in settings any app that is not needed in the background.

I also noticed that if the app can't get access to all the permissions it wants, and can't get access to the location data (If you have it turned off or something), it will crash about 10 minutes into a flight like clock work. Must be a memory leak that involves trying to constantly recheck for resources it can't have.

Also make sure you run in airplane mode. If some resource is checking for cell data and taking priority away from the app, that could also be cause for a crash I am guessing.

Note, I haven't had an Android app crash in some time after doing the above recommendations.

Last edited:
Good lord guys I can't leave from here for even a little bit without some mess to clean up . I will reread all this and clean it up if I can but from what I've seen this is just wasted time .
Just consider it..

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4