DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini 4

Billp0023

Reactions
I have seen other posts in the past about this, but I can't seem to find them. I have a Galaxy Tab s2 That works pretty well but seem to charge off of the controller which is bad...its my understanding that the Ipad mini 4 doesn't do this allowing the controller to last longer...Is this true? I just ordered a Ipad 4 mini and I am not an "i" person at all but read how much better they work with the mavic. Any downside to them?

I have a 3, doesn't charge from the RC...unfortunately not even from the Mavic charger

I have seen other posts in the past about this, but I can't seem to find them. I have a Galaxy Tab s2 That works pretty well but seem to charge off of the controller which is bad...its my understanding that the Ipad mini 4 doesn't do this allowing the controller to last longer...Is this true? I just ordered a Ipad 4 mini and I am not an "i" person at all but read how much better they work with the mavic. Any downside to them?
You made a great choice, iPad Mini 4 works flawless with the Mavic Pro.
No iPhone/iPads charge off the RC!

What is a good short cord to get, is there something special? I need about 1 ft. I know nothing about Apple stuff....LOL

Last edited:

Naw, enjoy the coolaide! If you can't get it do to what you want, you're likely overthinking it looking for a hard way to get it done. But what it lacks is file management. Apple has it locked down pretty tight, which is a pain, but the upside is IT WORKS.

I've been an Apple user since the Apple ][e, Windows since OS/2 (predates Windows) and DOS since 2.8 something, A/UX, Unix, Linux, Sparc, CP/M, PDP 11 hex code, and others like Commodore. I still use Macs and still cringe and curse Windows. I just recently got a Galaxy S2 tab 9.7 and it was really cool until I powered it down. Now Google won't let me log in without a prior user account. WTF? Samsung support can't help, referred me to Best Buy Geeks, BBGeeks can't help and just shrugged. It was a cool few days but I may be done with droid forever. Did NOT realize it's google through and through, and I basically hate google since the capitalists bought it up oh so long ago.

Back on topic, there aren't many downsides as disappointments in what you can't do, but there's tons of great apps and they all seem to work well. Before flying, double tap the home button and swipe up to clear apps that are hanging around hogging resources in the background. You'll likely want to put it in Airplane mode to quell the radios too. If you drag it around a lot there are 'armored glass' screen protectors that really work, and are removable to clean up dust you might miss on install. Highly recommended. Barely any affect on touch response.

Enjoy!

I usually charge my iPad mini 4 with my 5 in 1 charger as the DJI Charger doesn't charge my iPad. Also I take a portable charge pack 20,000mah with me which will charge many USB devices many times before it requires charging.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter