DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iphone 7 Plus play Mavic 4K videos?

richtroy

Reactions
I can play Mavic Pro 4K/30 mov videos on my iPad Air 2 in the camera roll video player after importing using the Apple SD card reader.

The same videos imported the same way don't play in my iPhone 7 Plus camera roll. It says unsupported file format. But they play just fine in iMovie. Anyone else have this problem or found a fix?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Same here. I did some tests. Iphone 7 Plus could play up to 2.7k videos. My ipad Air only 1080p. It depends on the chips Apple uses in the different devices.

I have the same issue as richtroy reported above. I tried iMovie on iPhone to edit and play and iMovie cannot even find the videos I just imported. I can see them in photos although I can't play them. I'm recording at 4K 30fps. It used to work on my phantom 3 4K although I don't remember what fps I used on phantom. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have the same issue as richtroy reported above. I tried iMovie on iPhone to edit and play and iMovie cannot even find the videos I just imported. I can see them in photos although I can't play them. I'm recording at 4K 30fps. It used to work on my phantom 3 4K although I don't remember what fps I used on phantom. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Update: It appears Apple iMovie will play what the Mavic calls 30fps, and you can get iMovie to save the video in what Apple calls 30fps. Once iMovie saves it to Apple 30fps the movie can be played from the camera roll if you have a new enough Apple device.

The Mavic 30fps is actually more like 29.99fps instead of 30fps, according to an EXIF reader app. That seems to be why it needs to be converted to Apple 30fps.

Not sure if this will help but I just dowloaded a free iOS app called DG Player - Smooth 4K HD Video Player from iTunes store. Haven't had a chance to try it out but it seems promising.

Yes but first you have to download the original size of the video. I have also a 7 plus but it needless because the 7 plus has a 1080p display

Yes the DG Player from Glen Brooks plays native Mavic 4K videos on my iPhone 7 Plus
Yup, I know it does richtroy. That's why I mentioned it earlier on in this thread. I was replying to dsmpampis who daid that it's needless but I don't think he gets the idea. Thanks for the confirmation though!

I have the same issue where iMovie on iPhone 7 Plus say file format not supported. On my iPad air 2 it works fine to edit the video inside iMovie. This is the format of the video file i try to import: .mov, 3840x2160, NTSC and 30 fps.
I can edit video in iMovie on my iPhone 7 if I record video in 2.7K

Does anyone know why iPhone7 Plus can't handle a 4K video from Mavic?

I have the same issue where iMovie on iPhone 7 Plus say file format not supported. On my iPad air 2 it works fine to edit the video inside iMovie. This is the format of the video file i try to import: .mov, 3840x2160, NTSC and 30 fps.
I can edit video in iMovie on my iPhone 7 if I record video in 2.7K

Does anyone know why iPhone7 Plus can't handle a 4K video from Mavic?

Update: It appears Apple iMovie will play what the Mavic calls 30fps, and you can get iMovie to save the video in what Apple calls 30fps. Once iMovie saves it to Apple 30fps the movie can be played from the camera roll if you have a new enough Apple device.

The Mavic 30fps is actually more like 29.99fps instead of 30fps, according to an EXIF reader app. That seems to be why it needs to be converted to Apple 30fps.

Thanks for your answer, but i don't think your theory is correct since:
1. iMovie on iPhone 7 accepts video if I film in 2.7K 30 fps. Video is still in 29.99 fps.

2. iPad air 2 accept a video in 4K 30 (29.99) fps filmed from Mavic. Why should not iPhone 7 accept a video in 29.99 fps when iPad does?

Just to give an update to people who face the same problem. I transferred videoes to my PC and encoded them using Handbrake. I then transferred the encoded videoes to iCloud Drive and imported them into iMovie on my iPhone 7. This works but a big hassle.

I can play Mavic Pro 4K/30 mov videos on my iPad Air 2 in the camera roll video player after importing using the Apple SD card reader.

The same videos imported the same way don't play in my iPhone 7 Plus camera roll. It says unsupported file format. But they play just fine in iMovie. Anyone else have this problem or found a fix?

I have the same problem. I use an app called documents 6 by readdle where I can sign into google drive and download my files from my mac to my iPhone 7. I have plenty of storage and the app works fine. But 4k footage wether it's 4100 pixels or 3800 pixels it will not work.

So it gives an error. "Cocoa error -1"

I've heard of this before and google brings up a quick search so it must be common. My recommendation would to film in 2.7k or edit on a pc.

Hope this helps :)

Problem with 4K video was solved after updating to ios 11. I can now import video from SD card and then edit in iMovie.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki