DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to disable CSC on Mavic?

siwady

Reactions
I'm not a big fan of the CSC feature as I feel it could cause the drone to crash if you accidently use the controller in a wrong way.

Any way I can disable this feature?

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

It cannot be disabled. However, you can change the following setting in DJI GO to choose when it can be initiated:

DJI-GO-Stop-Motor-Method-Apple.jpg

I don't have it in front of me to describe where it is, but I believe there's a setting for this that by default won't allow CSC to stop the motors, unless there is a critical error. If you turn this off CSC will stop the motors in flight. I think a
description of this is in the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I see what you mean. This experiment went well

Thanks guys, I'm just afraid I'll do it by mistake and end up crashing my Mavic
It simply does not happen, 1) because you'd not use that combo of stick control when flying and 2) because you'd now need to hold the sticks like that for 3 seconds.

CSC has been the same for many, many years and it's not been an issue for millions of people. It's now even less likely with the 3 second delay.

It can't be disabled as it's a safety feature.

I have seen this csc option too and I'm new to the mavic.
Can anybody explain the both option in the dji4 app?
What means: csc manouver???
What means: for use in Emergency only???

The description text looks like the same for me. I think dji can do better so we can click the right decision.

Reactions: Juordan
"csc manouver" means the motors will stop as soon as you move the sticks like this. The emergency only option is only supposed to allow a CSC to be performed in the case of an emergency. DJI does not document the emergency scenarios anywhere, so we can only assume they mean the Mavic has reported some type of error (e.g. a crash).

"csc manouver" means the motors will stop as soon as you move the sticks like this. The emergency only option is only supposed to allow a CSC to be performed in the case of an emergency. DJI does not document the emergency scenarios anywhere, so we can only assume they mean the Mavic has reported some type of error (e.g. a crash).

Thank you msinger.
I have checked it with the simulation.
With csc manouver you can kill the motors in flight (after 3 sec the mavic drops like a rock). With only on emergency I belive it's only allowed with an error on the screen. I chose this option.

I am a bit confused by the options.

Is it saying you can select corners in or corner out. ?

Or that you can disable CSC completely ?

Is it saying you can select corners in or corner out. ?
No. A CSC can be performed by either moving both stick to the bottom inside corners or moving both sticks to the bottom outside corners.

Or that you can disable CSC completely ?
It's not possible to completely disable CSC.

Ok thanks. Seems to be a lot of confusion on this, there was another thread here that got sidetracked onto other subject and some were suggestion it could be disabled.

So, what is different between the 2 options ?

CSC maneuver
&
For emergency use only

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 15.50.16.png

When "CSC Maneuver" is selected, CSC will work anytime you perform it mid-flight. When "For use in emergencies only" is selected, CSC will only work in an emergency situation.

That's a great question. DJI does not document it anywhere.

When "For use in emergencies only" is selected, you should not be able to perform a CSC during normal flight conditions. Choose that setting if that's what you're after. If you decide to change it though, just know that you might not be able to perform a CSC if you really need to for some reason.

From some antidotal evidence that I have seen it seems like an emergency is declared when the craft is positioned outside the expected range for the given control inputs.
E.g. A prop flies off and the craft starts to tilt so more power is applied. Craft continues tilting even with that motor at max rpm, so the computer deduces that a prop failure has occurred.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31