DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to take off in tripod mode?

MacPap

Reactions
Hi
I got my magic for 3 weeks now and today I wanted to experiment with in-house flying.
I quickly realised that I can not choose the flying mode (other than activating sport) while on the ground.
Actually what I intended to do was take off in tripod mode. But I sadly found out that this possible to choose only once the magic is in the air flying.

So my question is. Is it possible to make a tekoff in a preprogrammed special mode? The one that would make sense to me is actually only the tripod mode.
And for that matter why did dji take away that option of adjusting the sesitivity of each mode when on the ground?

Kostas

Unfortunately not possible. Wanted to do the same thing to take off in a very tight spot without GPS reception.. Don't work. Just be gentle on the controls...

Well on could go into the settings and turn down everything to make it completely slow but to do that every time one wants to fly indoors is a pain... instead having 2-3 customisable options to choose from....

Well on could go into the settings and turn down everything to make it completely slow but to do that every time one wants to fly indoors is a pain... instead having 2-3 customisable options to choose from....
Yeah multi-settings is crucially needed (for so many purposes)

I don't remember where I read this but for safety issues all intelligent flight modes are unavailable before take off.

I don't remember where I read this but for safety issues all intelligent flight modes are unavailable before take off.
Thx for replying. See the point. However Tripod mode is not really an intelligent mode. It simply is a very slow (in everything) mode. So i do not see the resemblance with the rest of them. It could easily be "preselctable".

Honestly, be patient and fly outdoors in a grassy field with few things around. No vehicle will remain perfectly locked in place and the smaller your space the more likely you'll hit an obstacle. Altitude and space are your friends.

Reactions: stratos
thx halley but your answer does not really help. Does it?

Hi
I got my magic for 3 weeks now and today I wanted to experiment with in-house flying.
I quickly realised that I can not choose the flying mode (other than activating sport) while on the ground.
Actually what I intended to do was take off in tripod mode. But I sadly found out that this possible to choose only once the magic is in the air flying.

So my question is. Is it possible to make a tekoff in a preprogrammed special mode? The one that would make sense to me is actually only the tripod mode.
And for that matter why did dji take away that option of adjusting the sesitivity of each mode when on the ground?

Kostas

I had the same worry. I just use auto take off, once about 2 ft in the air I hit "pause" or start pulling down in the sticks so it doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling. Before I make any other stick movements, I turn on tripod mode. It just hovers there so you don't need to be fast turning tripod on or anything.

If you follow that, it is almost like launching in tripod mode anyway.

Reactions: MacPap
And just to be on the safe side, use prop guards when flying indoors... The prop cage would probably be better if you can afford the dough

Reactions: MacPap
Hi

Kostas
Mate, just dont.

I know, I know, we all love having our quad flying around the house.
Please dont try fly indoor even if in trip mode. There is so many things that can go wrong, so many interference magnetic and radio, please dont fly indoor buddy, you will thank me later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi