DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this normal startup for the Gimbal?

saud0488

Reactions
Hi guys, I got my Mavic Pro two days ago. I noticed that the gimbal, on the second swing during startup, goes back and knocks the body of the drone itself. Is this normal? I saw some videos and saw that others have had more severe gimbal issues. If this is a problem, I would probably return it and buy a new one.

I have attached a video of the gimbal hitting the drone. Any input is appreciated!

Is the gimbal plate under all three tabs and have you removed all the stickers?
Regards,
-d.

I removed the one sticker behind the camera. I think the plate might have come out from one of the tabs. How can I tell? Also, can I put it back it myself? Thanks!

I removed the one sticker behind the camera. I think the plate might have come out from one of the tabs. How can I tell? Also, can I put it back it myself? Thanks!
You should be able to see the plate under two tabs in front and one in back, do a YouTube search and you will find a video.
Regards,
-d.

actually now that I look at it again, it looks like the gimbal is set up correctly.

I tried to find some youtube videos of it starting up but i couldn't find anything. Does anyone else's make a knocking sound upon starting up?

Hi guys, I got my Mavic Pro two days ago. I noticed that the gimbal, on the second swing during startup, goes back and knocks the body of the drone itself. Is this normal? I saw some videos and saw that others have had more severe gimbal issues. If this is a problem, I would probably return it and buy a new one.

I have attached a video of the gimbal hitting the drone. Any input is appreciated!

Looks normal to me. Mine does exactly the same and never had any issues so far.

My apologies if I wasn't clear. The tapping sound is the sonar. I believe all have that.

My concern is when the camera is spinning. It sounds like the back or something touch or bump the gimbal itself. You can hear the tiny thud in the video I linked. Is that what you guys are experiencing too?

Reactions: Mr Spock
My apologies if I wasn't clear. The tapping sound is the sonar. I believe all have that.

My concern is when the camera is spinning. It sounds like the back or something touch or bump the gimbal itself. You can hear the tiny thud in the video I linked. Is that what you guys are experiencing too?
If it is a tiny, tiny tap it is normal, have you run a gimbal calibration?
Regards,
-d.

And hit reply to my thread so I know when you post please

Mines currently getting repaired. Mine did that except it would do it about 5 times every minute. But that looks good to me

Mine does it too everyone says its normal and i dont have any issues except 2 or 3 times i got "gimbal obstructed" messages but yet that engineering wise is not good and i like a fix for it in the FW at some point. Gimbal calibration does not fix this and i never had a crush and i have flown only 6 times. i got my mavic back in November and i had a P3P and an I1v2 in the past so i am not new to this. The mavic gimbal is a mechanical marvel but it has issues that need to be adresed. so no its not so "normal" after all that the gibal is knocking about even once and even lightly during initialisation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta