DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this supposed to fit?

JoshuaCarlton

Reactions
Hey everyone, I just got my fly more combo and everything looks amazing. However I noticed when I try to put the drone in the DJI bag that comes with the kit, it feels like it's squeezing it to tightly. Is there a special way that I'm supposed to put it in?

Try fitting everything in like this:

One clarification question. Why does he slide the mavic in camera first, or does it matter? My concern would be for the potential pressure on the dome if it got put down too hard, or on an object.
I've been putting my prop bag into the side pouch with the third battery.

Reactions: SeaFox
One clarification question. Why does he slide the mavic in camera first, or does it matter? My concern would be for the potential pressure on the dome if it got put down too hard, or on an object.
I've been putting my prop bag into the side pouch with the third battery.
You want the "long" legs at the top because if you put it in the other way they catch on the fabric on the way out. It's much harder to remove the Mavic that way.

With respect to the dome, it's there to protect the gimbal assembly. So yes there might be some pressure on the dome, but that's what it's there for.

I also put the car charger with the remote . Slide remote in first then car charger and can be done adding xtra protection for sticks .
I'll post photo later

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: JoshuaCarlton
This is how I pack mine:
20170107_105451.jpg

To better protect the dome, I did put on the bottom of the bag one of the foam pieces that came with the extra batteries boxes (and still use the foam piece that came with the dome).
It raises the Mavic slightly more, but the zip still closes without too much effort.
I also put the extra batteries inside plastic bags, to protect them from rain or moisture.

You want the "long" legs at the top because if you put it in the other way they catch on the fabric on the way out. It's much harder to remove the Mavic that way.

With respect to the dome, it's there to protect the gimbal assembly. So yes there might be some pressure on the dome, but that's what it's there for.
Excellent advice. I have mine in there like that and works great. I can leave the lift kit that I bought from drone valley on it now too. It fits great.

I got tired of carrying my iPad mini 4 separately and realized it would fit as well. I leave the car charger in my car glove box and the iPad with Apple cover fits perfectly. Top will still zip shut and flap folds over and still velcros down. I normally carry my iPhone 6plus in my pant pocket so I always have a back up to the iPad if needed.
5938c0b110ebfaaabc7566d020029575.jpg
c462b38b404ca23bebb8c6fdb9389958.jpg
1bc1c73be12688a5a59aeedeca35ab5b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki