DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK Orders

Literally just been woken up by a phone call from jessops. My Mavic has arrived in store and is waiting for me to come and collect it! So excited haha.

Anyone know the dimensions of the packaging off hand? The girlfriend is at work with her car (After she blew mine up) I only have the motorbike to go and collect it lol. Wondering if it'll fit into my top box or need lashing on the outside :D

Literally just been woken up by a phone call from jessops. My Mavic has arrived in store and is waiting for me to come and collect it! So excited haha.

Anyone know the dimensions of the packaging off hand? The girlfriend is at work with her car (After she blew mine up) I only have the motorbike to go and collect it lol. Wondering if it'll fit into my top box or need lashing on the outside :D

It's small....less than a foot square....and maybe 4" or 5" deep........

When did you order?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It's small....less than a foot square....and maybe 4" or 5" deep........

If its that small it'll fit inside no problem! Just a bit cautious about a brand new drone being subjected to 40 minutes of cold wind blast on the outside :D Thanks Seamus! I'll post photos up later

I'm glad that every day someone is getting a call. Getting closer to my Oct 9th order date lol

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That bridge is really good for first time footage.
Nice video!!
I did on it that bridge before I sold my P3S.
My last fight with it.

Yeah.....its was a bit scary doing my first drone flight over water......especially when i lost contact when it was in the middle of the Humber and we lost sight of it for a couple of mins !!! :oops::oops::eek::eek:

Yeah.....its was a bit scary doing my first drone flight over water......especially when i lost contact when it was in the middle of the Humber and we lost sight of it for a couple of mins !!! :oops::oops::eek::eek:

Trust in RTH lol [emoji23]

Mines almost here....
f444989b6003afbdde93b12584886e8f.jpg

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

If you're used to phantoms the control stick seems more 'exponential' - you seem to have to move it further before anything happens then it really takes off the last third of movement!
A couple of times I've thought it wasn't responding then realised I just haven't moved it far enough...

Nice! lots more arriving today then. I took the same photos as Mike so I'll just post the one. My bike key in there for scale. In all honesty, I couldn't believe just how small the box was haha!15281124_10154674040297357_214124514_n.jpg

Got the pain of waiting for the battery to charge now and reading the manual! So glad the wait is finally over :D

Although saying that. I've just searched the box and it looks like I'm missing 2 props...... (x 3 if you believe the leaflet inside the box... anyone found them hidden elsewhere?

**Edit 2; Found them hidden beneath a bit of polystyrene. Panic over!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigRhino and magsta
So that's Jessops two Mavics received, sent out for the week. Tune in next week for more the deliveries haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Urbansailor
Everything working fine - even figured out how to install / remove the gimbal lock, which is a bit weird - thought it would break the gimbal. But no, does the job fine. Have also removed all the bits of 'cover' that are all over the place, but noticed there is one on the bottom of the gimbal - looks like it will just pull off but mine doesn't and I don't want to force it. Has like a little yellow 'pul' on the plastic. Tried flying in the back garden (after calibration, compass, etc.) and everything works fine - very smooth and easy to control Even tried the wi-fi control method and that works fine too. Camera working fine, good focus and have set the C1 (or rather left the C1) to be a 'central auto focus' button. Should I be removing the little plastic 'sheet' on the top of the gimbal (near aircraft body)? I thought I could break the gimbal if I pulled too hard and the thing seems to work fine with this bit of plastic on...

Reactions: magsta
Yes your pre-order price is safe I spoke to Jessops and they confirmed this.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app
I got my Mavic today (!) and Jessops held the price at the 'pre-order' price of £999. So I decided to opt for the 'Care Refresh' plan for a £100 - which is what I have saved by pre-ordering. Hopefully never use it but, for the equivalent of a couple of quid a week, I think its quite a good insurance policy. I tend to be very careful and, touch wood, have never had an issue with any of my drones, but this is going to be used in a lot of 'new' ways, just because of the portability, the wi-fi ability, the range, etc. So far, very pleased with it (had a quick 'fly' at lunchtime) but can' fly after work as 1) will be dark and 2) it's bloody cold out there!

Reactions: magsta
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt