DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just arrived...

miqal

Reactions
Good morning! Name is Mike from RI. Just got my Mavic yesterday. This is my first drone. Took it up yesterday for my first flight. Impressed at how easy it is to use and control. I have to get an SD Card reader to get my video footage off the card. I thought it could be downloaded directly off the unit. A lot to learn and have fun with.

Mike

Hey Mike, you CAN download your videos directly from the aircraft. On the opposite side as the SD card there is a door with a micro USB connection behind it. You should be able to plug it into your computer and copy them as though it were a drive or card reader. Hope that helps.

Reactions: dirkclod
If you upgrade the SD card most of them come with an adapter that will go right into your computer. I just got a 32g and it came with the card reader I think you can use upto a 64g SD card.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Mike . :)

If you upgrade the SD card most of them come with an adapter that will go right into your computer. I just got a 32g and it came with the card reader I think you can use upto a 64g SD card.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

I have the adapter, just need the card reader. I have the new MacBook which only has USB C ports. I was able to download right off the Mavic via the cable now I know the port is on the other side.

Reactions: tommyrich
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

I also have the brand new MacBook Pro with USB C ports. I bought the HooToo Shuttle that has pass through charging, USB ports, HDMI port and a card reader slot. Well worth it.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Reactions: miqal
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I also have the brand new MacBook Pro with USB C ports. I bought the HooToo Shuttle that has pass through charging, USB ports, HDMI port and a card reader slot. Well worth it.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Thanks! I'll give the HooToo a try.

Mike

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hey Mike, you CAN download your videos directly from the aircraft. On the opposite side as the SD card there is a door with a micro USB connection behind it. You should be able to plug it into your computer and copy them as though it were a drive or card reader. Hope that helps.
On a related note, while out in the field with a 10" tablet, Android tablet, was hoping to take the card out of the aircraft on return, and review the video on the larger tablet screen. I can access the videos from the aircraft (in the DCIM directory), but they all refuse to playback, even though I can put the card into my laptop, and the same videos play there. Anyone have any success in playing videos back directly from the aircraft's SD card on an android tablet?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny