DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got back from Europe...

frankiez

Reactions
Just got back from a 2week vacay in Germany, Switzerland and Italy. I was able to film quite a bit. Got some great video from different castles and other sites.

Now that I am back in SW FL, I realized just how little there is to film here. Kinda has me bummed as if anything I can film now will be anti-climatic.

Just my thoughts.

Just got back from a 2week vacay in Germany, Switzerland and Italy. I was able to film quite a bit. Got some great video from different castles and other sites.

Now that I am back in SW FL, I realized just how little there is to film here. Kinda has me bummed as if anything I can film now will be anti-climatic.

Just my thoughts.

Now comes the fun part of editng them and then letting us see what you shot.

Just my thoughts.

How was filming in Germany? Did you run into any "officials?"

It was a piece of cake. Although, I must say every time I went up I expected to hear someone come running yelling "keine drohne!" Same thing in Italy. I had people watching me and observing but in my opinion they were just curious. I did have a few people ask me how much did it cost and write down the name. Probably so they could research it.

I'm heading to Greece in a few weeks. Looking forward to using MP. Only thing I'm worriedly about is the laptop restrictions they are talking about. Would be super bummed if can't take laptop.

Just my thoughts.

Same here in GA. It seems that all the interesting drone footage has to be taken in exotic places....

And I think this is ultimately why people get themselves in trouble with drones. They live in a boring place so they go searching for interesting in all the wrong places.

Reactions: superdave5050
Same here in GA. It seems that all the interesting drone footage has to be taken in exotic places....

And I think this is ultimately why people get themselves in trouble with drones. They live in a boring place so they go searching for interesting in all the wrong places.

I know that Stone Mountain is off limits without permission, but we have the N Ga mountains! Unicoi, Amicalola, Helen, and more.

I'm heading to Greece in a few weeks. Looking forward to using MP. Only thing I'm worriedly about is the laptop restrictions they are talking about. Would be super bummed if can't take laptop.

Me too! I'm heading to Athens for a conference June 22-24 and I intend to bring my Mavic along for when I finish up and head to some of the islands.

If those restrictive laptop rules do into effect, I think it only applies to carry-ons. I think you can keep it in your checked baggage. I could be wrong.

A laptop ban is on the table and may extend to all international flights, US Homeland chief says

This new potential ban concerns me. Ive always heard bad things about checking electronics in your checked bags. I know you can file claims with the airlines for lost luggage but that seems like it would be a hassle...

I guess its a good thing I got insurance for my drone and my dslr but now i need it for my computer.

Reactions: hookalakupua

Just my thoughts.

Totally have to agree with you on the "boring" things to record around here, (I live in West Miramar) Im headed to Italy and cant wait to see the "sights." I have a quick (probably dumb) question.... Did you continue to use your current cell phone or tablet to fly the Mavic in other countries? If I only have my current Sprint phone (no international service) can I still fly? This will be the first time I will fly outside of the U.S.A.

By the way if it helps I have flown around the keys and in naples... not much but the views of sunsets and sunrises are pretty darn good.

Thanks for the tip about the Keys. I continued to use my iPad mini4 over there. It worked well. I had it connected wifi to my friends internet service so it picked up the maps. I have the maps and flight logs recorded in the DJI app so I can review the flights over there.

At least in GA you have some hills. True I have the coast and beach but if you have seen one marina or beach from the air, you have seen them all.

Just my thoughts.

Where in Italy did you fly? We are heading there in July for a 10 day hiking trip to the Dolomites in Northern Italy. Not many regulations up there from what I can see, but we are spending a few nights in Venice, which I hear is not very drone friendly.

We were in northern Italy as well. A little town not far from the Swiss border called Varese. Beautiful up there.

I will also travel to the Dolomites next week. What are your experiences? Have you tried flying the Mavic up in the Alps?

Guys, be careful you're not allowed to use drones in cities or any "populated" area. It probably won't be a problem in small cities/villages (still you would be at risk), but if you start filming in Venice and the likes there's a very significant probability they'll follow the drone till landing and seize it.
A Mavic was just seized in Rome.

I left the Mavic home. Walking the Alpes with my photo camera instead..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky