DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing range?

Well can't do it for a few weeks now. Unfortunately I slammed into a 75' tall tree doing 43 mph yesterday [emoji22]. I'll be waiting on DJI care refresh.

A plus on RTH for your quad. Mine has been out 5 times. Works like a dream, but I still can't get the RTH to work. Probably a newbie issue, so I will keep trying.
I did read that return home is different depending on distance away. If its close I think it just lands where it is.

No I was flying sideways in sport mode following my son on a four wheeler and got into the woods. Total operator error.

Another reason you can lose signal within line of sight and close to the ground (especially if you are transmitting from a higher elevation) is skip and or scattering of the signal . When most people think of skip they think of the signal skipping off the upper atmosphere yet the ground can also send the signal in many different directions when the signal is hitting it from an angle . Some conditions obviously would enhance this effect as soil has varying levels of metals , moisture etc .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123