DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let he who is without sin...

Did they knock on your door? I keep 'special' cookies in the cupboard for those like to
knock and preach, hehe

Recent movie called Warning Shot. Amusing situation with a Do-Gooder (see below)

Glasshouses, I like that.
Kind of a judge those as you would like to be..twist on the 'we all sin' thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
[KNOCKING]
-What's this?
Oh, right, a pamphlet.
Whatever could it be about?

-Hello, sir. My name is David.
I just wanted to leave you
with some literature
and to ask if you'd heard
the good news
concerning our Lord
and Savior, Jesus Christ.

-You know what country you're in?

- I'm sorry?

- It's a simple question.
David, do you know what country
that you are in?
[CHUCKLES NERVOUSLY]

- This is America.

- That's right. This is America.

- I'm sorry, sir, I'm not sure
what you're getting at.

- Did you see that church
on the corner down there?
I sure did. It's a,
it's a really lovely big...
That's one of a million on darn
near every corner in this country.
Do you really think that you're gonna
run into someone who's never heard of
Jesus fookin' Christ?

- Hey, I'll tell you
where you need to go.
You need to go to one of those
remote areas in Africa
where they, uh, have
all those crazy tribes,
where they worship tigers
and shite.
That's where you'll find people
that never heard of Jesus.

-Okay. Sorry to bother you.

- You wanna know why Christians don't
like to go down to those places...
'Cause you'll get a spear
in your ***.
That's why.
They'll make a necklace
out of your fookin' head.

- I'll move on.
Uh, have a good day, sir.

Last edited:
. . . cast the first stone.
A biblical one liner = those in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.
Or as an example to the forum / world of drones . . . those that fly beyond VLOS perhaps shouldn't criticise those that fly to 500'.

I love the glass house line. You can use it almost anywhere in response to all kinds of things! And you are right that many people boil down the bible verse that way. However, TDrones you need to know a few important details.

A mob brought a woman accused of adultery to JC and asked him to pass judgment knowing death by stoning was the penalty. The blood thirsty mob was whipped up by political provacateurs looking to put JC in a box. If he excused the crime and spared the accused then he had no respect for the law. If he passed the required death sentence then he was no savior of the people. JC poked around in the dirt with a stick and said okay then let's do this thing and he who is without sin cast the first stone. Well, the mob drew quiet and one by one slinked away.

OMG i love the story! Imagine if you could defuse every angry mob with simple one line of perfect wisdom?

[KNOCKING]
Whatever could it be about?...-Hello, sir. My name is David...

I think you may have mixed up the stories here. The David dude was a sheepherder with a slingshot....:)

. . . cast the first stone.
A biblical one liner = those in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.
Or as an example to the forum / world of drones . . . those that fly beyond VLOS perhaps shouldn't criticise those that fly to 500'.

Maybe Im overthinking this and thats why I still havent figured it out yet. Now, about the throwing stones in glass houses, I never could figure that one out. If you live in a glass house, why would you throw a stone at all? Who would you be throwing it at? Maybe my brain stopped working earlier today.

Now, I can understand what a bull in a china shop means...

Im guessing a lot of you were thinking it..

"Are there any women here..." lol

Last edited:
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I love the glass house line. You can use it almost anywhere in response to all kinds of things! And you are right that many people boil down the bible verse that way. However, TDrones you need to know a few important details.

View attachment 74008

A mob brought a woman accused of adultery to JC and asked him to pass judgment knowing death by stoning was the penalty. The blood thirsty mob was whipped up by political provacateurs looking to put JC in a box. If he excused the crime and spared the accused then he had no respect for the law. If he passed the required death sentence then he was no savior of the people. JC poked around in the dirt with a stick and said okay then let's do this thing and he who is without sin cast the first stone. Well, the mob drew quiet and one by one slinked away.

OMG i love the story! Imagine if you could defuse every angry mob with simple one line of perfect wisdom?

I think you may have mixed up the stories here. The David dude was a sheepherder with a slingshot....:)

View attachment 74009

You just opened up a whole other side of the story. Ok, I understand now about not throwing the first stone, because maybe they all had some sin. But I had no idea that the mob was trying to get JC in trouble to begin with. Is that right? It sounded like a lose-lose for JC.

Maybe Im overthinking this and thats why I still havent figured it out yet. Now, about the throwing stones in glass houses, I never could figure that one out. If you live in a glass house, why would you throw a stone at all? Who would you be throwing it at? Maybe my brain stopped working earlier today.

Now, I can understand what a bull in a china shop means...
If you lived in a glass house throwing stones at your neighbours would pretty stupid- for obvious reasons.

Not sure it fits here.

It will be something to do with biblical mythology.

...But I had no idea that the mob was trying to get JC in trouble to begin with. Is that right? It sounded like a lose-lose for JC.

Well, I think it was political provacateurs who whipped up the mob which they used to try and put JC in untenable position in order to damage his credibility and undermine his moral authority.

Yes, it looked and sounded like a total lose-lose situation. But, as I understand it, JC was cool as a cucumber and nonchalantly poked around in the dirt a bit before smacking em with the reality sandwich.

Now, from what I have read, JC might possibly have avoided the drama by simply insisting that the mob follow legal procedure and produce all evidence and witnesses for cross examination because there was none. Of course, its hard to reason or argue procedural due process with an angry mob which is I assume why he came up with the let he cast the first stone deal.

Someone said this to me today and I wasnt sure what it meant...
We still have no context for the conversation in which this was said.
But it's a common expression: Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

The guy who said it to you, was obliquely suggesting that whoever he was referring to is not blameless.
Or that everyone in the discussion might be guilty of similar offence and they should let it go.

So, in that expression, the person who lived in the glass house would be throwing stones at someone outside of his house, such as his neighbors. Ok maybe I'm starting to understand. Maybe he doesn't realize that his house is glass, and when he throws a stone at his neighbor because his neighbor did something he didn't like, not only is he punishing the neighbor but hes also punishing himself. Does that sound right?

If he knew he was living in a glass house to begin with, he probably wouldn't be throwing the stones because it just destroys his own house. I don't think that makes sense. My sister and I used to do this all day. Tried to cut sentences or sayings apart and figure out the how they got their meaning

So, in that expression, the person who lived in the glass house would be throwing stones at someone outside of his house, such as his neighbors. Ok maybe I'm starting to understand. Maybe he doesn't realize that his house is glass, and when he throws a stone at his neighbor because his neighbor did something he didn't like, not only is he punishing the neighbor but hes also punishing himself. Does that sound right?

If he knew he was living in a glass house to begin with, he probably wouldn't be throwing the stones because it just destroys his own house. I don't think that makes sense. My sister and I used to do this all day. Tried to cut sentences or sayings apart and figure out the how they got their meaning
It’s very simple. Think very carefully about what the result might be if someone responds to your actions in a similar manner. You might be worse off. It is most often used to remind people they shouldn’t criticise others for faults they share or perhaps even have to a larger extent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying