DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let he who is without sin...

It’s very simple. Think very carefully about what the result might be if someone responds to your actions in a similar manner. You might be worse off. It is most often used to remind people they shouldn’t criticise others for faults they share or perhaps even have to a larger extent.

Again, spot on.
You throw a stone at your neighbors (regular) house, when you live in a glass house, well, the retaliation will certainly leave you worse off.

Reactions: Former Member
I found a way that the holy rollers never knock at my door again, I look out the side window to see who it is , if its holy rollers I strip and then answer the door. they never come back:rolleyes:Thumbswayup :p ?

Reactions: Former Member
Sorry for the delay guys have at it .

Do you think there is a biblical reference to the glass house quote? Or would it be considered an idiom?

Thank you guys for explaining it all.

Here's some other interesting twist to the passage. The accusers said the woman was caught in the act of adultery. Where was the guy also in the act?

What is believed that JC wrote in the sand were specific skeletons that the accusers had in their closets, thus prompting them to drop their rock and walk away.

Here's some other interesting twist to the passage. The accusers said the woman was caught in the act of adultery. Where was the guy also in the act?

All of the guys in the crowd all had this expression when asked that question

:rolleyes:

What is believed that JC wrote in the sand were specific skeletons that the accusers had in their closets, thus prompting them to drop their rock and walk away.

That must have scared them to death. Maybe it was smart that they dropped their rocks and walked away.

Sorry ... the glass houses saying is not at all biblical.
Its earliest use has been traced back to Chaucer in about 1380.

Oh heck yes, I thought Rob was referring to the original quote, sorry.
Glass houses is a much more modern saying, not sure they had much glass in houses back in the 1300's though :p

Oh heck yes, I thought Rob was referring to the original quote, sorry.
Glass houses is a much more modern saying, not sure they had much glass in houses back in the 1300's though :p

In researching this i ran across an article which cited a speech Obama gave where he mis-attributed this quote as coming from the Bible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos