DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lifejacket for Mavic Finished

Ive finally found the last pieces to complete the water landing gear for Mavic Pro. After much searching I found a egg type plastic shell that held a toy that split in half to open and was the perfect shape and size to fit in the ends of the noodles to make them more aerodynamic. This gives the water landing gear a better look and remains lightweight at 100gms.
The water landing gear will hold up over 1kg of weigh with ease and the Mavic at 730 gms sits in the water at about a third of the noodles.
Now very happy to fly over water knowing should anything go wrong my Mavic wont end up at the bottom thanks to its lifejacket/water gear.
7474a2ad2fa72ddb0bd22b2f0657d4a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using MavicPilots mobile app

Where do you get the egg toy end caps? I can't seem to find one that is the pool noodle size.

I have a supply at a $2 shop that sells minions and they come in these egg shaped containers that split in half. They are as you see the perfect shape for front ant back and the correct diameter. Have 2 choices in colour, Blue or Yellow.

Looks like it will @ minimum affect flight.
Do you really need it to be that big if the main purpose is just to float the mavic just in case?
Or, it's actually designed to take from water most of the time?
I'm not saying that it's bad, just critiquing (constructively) it.

Reactions: Freddy
On the mavic.
ded3caba78548d36954313cf823b6035.jpg

That is so nice!!! I will post my setup once I figure out where to get the egg shell end cap as I have searched everywhere but nothing comes close in canada. I will try the smart water bottle though.

Reactions: newguy
Personally I think I would prefer it without the plastic caps on the ends.

From a post on the Mavic FB group:
"I did that with my first P1, it flipper over at take off because the front caught the water. Round off the ends of the foam"

Not my quote, but thought it might give background as to why the OP went through the trouble of doing that in the first place.

I have been making and selling a float kit for Mavics.
Put a ton of work into the design so as not to interfere with the sensors or camera, and fast easy install/removal.

Currently working on squishy floats so the whole thing can fit in the Mavic fly more bag with the Mavic
495700648.jpg
Any progress on the squishy?

Here's my setup.

Attachments

• P_20180207_114710_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20180207_114710_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 45
  • P_20180207_112903_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20180207_112903_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 44
  • P_20180207_112943_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20180207_112943_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 46
Any progress on the squishy?

I have been shipping Squishy floats for the Mavic Pro. They work great.
I’m currently traveling for day job so I have orders turned off on my site for the next couple weeks.

Testing Mavic Air Squishy kit. It really doesn’t like it with Wind over 5mph. Not sure I will release a Mavic Air kit

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin