DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lifting power of a Mavic Pro

fisherman

Reactions
can anyone guestimate what this small drones lifting capabilities are? Thinking about sometimes using it to drop my bait past the breakers for fishing.

Reactions: jimbug
Carrying a line with slack so there's no resistance shouldn't be a problem but how are you going to release?

Reactions: fisherman
@Rsxtacee I was thinking about mounting a downrigger release clip to the Mavic and when I think the right place to drop the bait is near, put some braking on the fishing reel spool to release the line in the clip.

Reactions: kmaluo
DJI should think about engineering that in as a feature to a future model. The ability to carry and release a small ordnance could be useful. You could then program one of the two buttons to ..."open bomb doors".

Awesome.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Some people use Phantoms to get restricted stuff up to prison yard. :) I really doubt such feature will be ever approved.
But the idea is brilliant!

Not related to fishing, but I would like to hang/mount a Ricoh Theta S. ow can i hang it and not screw up the object avoidance?

I tested mine with a icom radio and it actually went all right haven't weighed the radio and I my self wouldn't go any heavier than it tho as the motors were working but had full control and stil good lifting power

Attachments

• IMG_5878.JPG
    IMG_5878.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
Could you not have a weighted length off wire trace or something under the Mavic and tie the hooklength and bait on with a bit off pva string, dunk that bit in the water and let it dissolve so the mainline then just sinks.
I'm thinking weighted length under the Mavic don't know if it would get sucked upwards when the hook has been released.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw