DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

linux wont' read sd card

firefly3630

Reactions
Have mavic pro couple weeks and gone thru bunch youtube vids and read part of the manual and had several test flights.

Recorded a short piece and went to read the mp4 file on a linux box and no go. Linus is able to read such files but the sd card in a reader would not be read.

Any help would be appreciated. I upgraded to latest software on both bird and minipad2 both work as expected. I hope this is some tech problem with a solution that doesn't involved buying more hardware like a box with windows on it. thanks

I've had no problem. I only use linux and everything works . Check how its formatted if exfat you may have to install the exfat-fuse exfat-utils packages.

Reactions: firefly3630
bowens44 thanks for the reply. ran it thru gparted and showed unknown format. exfat was not available as choice to format so could look for exfat packages.

As is can format to fat16 , fat32, ntfs or ext2, ext3, ext4

Suppose if format to fat16 32 or ntfs could read the card on a windoz box as well.

Any advantage of one format over others?

Anyone know what format MP uses when format in app? thanks

Last edited:
bowens44 thanks for the reply. ran it thru gparted and showed unknown format. exfat was not available as choice to format so could look for exfat packages.

As is can format to fat16 , fat32, ntfs or ext2, ext3, ext4

Suppose if format to fat16 32 or ntfs could read the card on a windoz box as well.

Any advantage of one format over others?

Anyone know what format MP uses when format in app? thanks

I formatted mine in the Mavic . It formatted according to gparted , as exfat , had no problem reading it in my Linux Mint 18 box. Also gparted will not allow you to format to exfat because its proprietary. In linux mint there's an app called Disks that will allow it.

Reactions: firefly3630
bowens44 thanks so much. had Mint years ago was very nice from what can recall will try 18 and Disks.

Tried gparted in couple distros would id as format unknown then tried Space FM file mgt in Lighthouse which gave correct id as exfat. but got error reading the the file.

The journey continues.

Can not find reason not to format to a linux format then not use the format function in the app.

What do you think? Sound reasonable?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes