DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Waypoint slows Mavic after lose signal, preventing Mavic from fly mission at speed

Glad I found this thread as I've encountered the same problem while flying a Waypoint mission and going out of range. I couldn't understand why my Mavic Pro was suddenly slowing to a crawl when at the limit of range. I also tried a short mission around the homepoint and switching off the controller. It would fly from waypoint to waypoint but would slow down and speed up seemingly at random. Flying the same mission with the controller switched on, everything worked perfectly.

As suggested earlier I've emailed Litchi support and will report back if/when I hear anything.

Glad I found this thread as I've encountered the same problem while flying a Waypoint mission and going out of range. I couldn't understand why my Mavic Pro was suddenly slowing to a crawl when at the limit of range. I also tried a short mission around the homepoint and switching off the controller. It would fly from waypoint to waypoint but would slow down and speed up seemingly at random. Flying the same mission with the controller switched on, everything worked perfectly.

As suggested earlier I've emailed Litchi support and will report back if/when I hear anything.

I asked a similar question a month or so ago to Litchi support and I got a standard template reply stating factors such as wind, etc. could affect results. This after I explained wind was not an issue.

I had a MPP that would unexplainably slow down (with full RC contact) between some waypoints. My P4 would fly the same mission flawlessly. For other reasons I sent that MPP back for another. My second MPP flew the mission as it should. But, all my testing was with a full RC signal.

I had this exact same flight speed slowdown problem today running a longer mission - it’s slowed to about 20 km/h, and I had the cruising speed set to the maximum speed (54km/h).

Is this still an open issue? Because if so lichi is very poor to use in circumstances where the loss of signal happens. Continuing waypoint missions on loss of signal is a very important and useful feature, and I would use another app if others don’t have this issue.

Reactions: Deadbolt
Excuse Me! I had the impression the mission is uploaded to the quad and the craft flies the mission as designed autonomously. This thread tells me the quad need to maintain signal throughout the mission? I have flown Litchi around buildings.. could not see or hear the quad and all went well. I am now flying a Mavic

If the signal is lost during a mission the craft will continue the mission. It only needs a connection for things like speed and gimbal changes.

I had this exact same flight speed slowdown problem today running a longer mission - it’s slowed to about 20 km/h, and I had the cruising speed set to the maximum speed (54km/h).

Is this still an open issue? Because if so lichi is very poor to use in circumstances where the loss of signal happens. Continuing waypoint missions on loss of signal is a very important and useful feature, and I would use another app if others don’t have this issue.
For me..the slowdown happens from the start even while in range. When in waypoint mode it is only about half the max speed I have set. I have checked all the limiters to ensure the waypoint leg speed, the route max and global max are all set to what I want. Doesn’t help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead