DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST MY MAVIC PLEASE HELP!!

kirsten.rossouw

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I was flying my mavic. It gave me a low battery warning. I switched the sport mode off. The app crashed. I thought, not to worry, it with return home. I did not hear anything. I tried restarting the app to get connection back. It never happening. It kept giving the returning home beeping. What should I do now. Remember remotely where it was last, not far from my home. But how do I get detailed log now op last position?

Easiest way is to download the HD Sync App, create an account on HealthyDrones, and sync the logs to the cloud via DJI Go App. Then use the HD Sync App to sync those cloud logs to HealthyDrones.

An alternative way is to plug your phone into your computer, open iTunes, and get the latest log out of iTunes and upload to the site directly.

See HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Reactions: jdecara
Thanks doing that now as we speak. Funny on the file location I cannot find the most recent flight logs? Older ones show..

The log only shows up to the point I received the RTH warning. I then took it off Sport mode. I still remember the last thing I saw on the screen was the RTH warning window. Before I could hit the confirmation to RTH the app crashed. I could therefore not do anything and assumed the drone would return to home at an altitude of 100m far higher that any tree in the vicinity. It never did and now my mavic is gone!

Reactions: Sloth469
Well the flight data isn't saying much except that there was a ridiculous amount of interference from your controller to drone. No indication of going home in the flight log. If your drone was configured to go home on a disconnect, here is what I imagine happened to you. An app crash does not immediately mean your drone is disconnect. Your controller didn't say connecting... did it? Did you signal for the drone to come back. Was the remote controller constantly beeping? If so it should have come back as the home point was set correctly. If it didn't come back, check the location 26° 3'54.14"S; 27°50'6.47"E for the drone. It may have landed there.

Thank you. It is dark now. Will go and look tomorrow morning.
It was beeping as if it was coming home and the remote itself was not saying "connecting".
Would it not then have moved from the last recorded position if the RTH was initiated automatically as it was set up?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I see that you took off with 55% battery power and lost contact with 22% remaining power. You had a lot of interference and the last command was to go to Sports mode at which point your signal soon became back up but then the Mavic initiated a RTH due to low power.

What is your RTH set to do? If it's set to hover then the Mavic is probably very close to where your map ends. If it is set to a return to take off point then we have a bigger problem because the map does not indicate a change in direction, it is possible your app crashed before that info came in. What is your RTH programmed to do?

Rob

Thank you. It is dark now. Will go and look tomorrow morning.
It was beeping as if it was coming home and the remote itself was not saying "connecting".
Would it not then have moved from the last recorded position if the RTH was initiated automatically as it was set up?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
It should. How about a full story up to the point you created this thread, so I get a better idea?

I see that you took off with 55% battery power and lost contact with 22% remaining power. You had a lot of interference and the last command was to go to Sports mode at which point your signal soon became back up but then the Mavic initiated a RTH due to low power.

What is your RTH set to do? If it's set to hover then the Mavic is probably very close to where your map ends. If it is set to a return to take off point then we have a bigger problem because the map does not indicate a change in direction, it is possible your app crashed before that info came in. What is your RTH programmed to do?

Rob
If the remote disconnects, it should return back home at 100m according to settings and previous occurrences.

Might I suggest that you upload the same log to @msinger's page? https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Then post the link here once it's uploaded. It provides more information, as well as a KML file that can be viewed in Google Earth.
Can you perhaps point me where the log location is. It seems like the file it writes to have changed as I have alot of other logs. Except my last 2 flights in DJI > dji.go.v4 > FlightRecord

It should. How about a full story up to the point you created this thread, so I get a better idea?
Took off with >10 satellite locks like I always do. I realised the remote is on sport mode, took that off and flew as per the flight log. I just wanted to take it out for a short flight. Hence taking off with 55%. Flew on sport mode in the general direction of the home point to get back home. I got a warning to RTH on the way back, as I saw the warning window on the screen the app crashed. I then switched it back off sport mode with the physical switch. I tried to get the app back up and running but was unable to do so as it kept crashing with starting back up. I struggled with this and expected to hear the Mavic anytime on its way back home as the remote kept on beeping the chime of RTH. I remember at some stage hearing the remote say "landing" and at that stage I realized I'm busy losing it.
I am freaking out here!

Reactions: Sloth469 and TaserX
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78