DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST MY MAVIC PLEASE HELP!!

Took off with >10 satellite locks like I always do. I realised the remote is on sport mode, took that off and flew as per the flight log. I just wanted to take it out for a short flight. Hence taking off with 55%. Flew on sport mode in the general direction of the home point to get back home. I got a warning to RTH on the way back, as I saw the warning window on the screen the app crashed. I then switched it back off sport mode with the physical switch. I tried to get the app back up and running but was unable to do so as it kept crashing with starting back up. I struggled with this and expected to hear the Mavic anytime on its way back home as the remote kept on beeping the chime of RTH. I remember at some stage hearing the remote say "landing" and at that stage I realized I'm busy losing it.
I am freaking out here!
It probably landed at the coordinates I mentioned. I would look for it now before someone else notices it and takes it.

Can you perhaps point me where the log location is. It seems like the file it writes to have changed as I have alot of other logs. Except my last 2 flights in DJI > dji.go.v4 > FlightRecord

Kristen - it's the same file that you already uploaded to HealthyDrones. You must have accessed it to get it uploaded there. Whereever you have it, simply do the same thing, but at the phantomhelp website I linked to above.

As for the RTH... You can initiate that w/o the phone. Simply hold the RTH button on the RC for a few seconds until it starts beeping. Was your contact information on the Mavic in case an honest soul finds it?

Reactions: TaserX
Can you perhaps point me where the log location is. It seems like the file it writes to have changed as I have alot of other logs. Except my last 2 flights in DJI > dji.go.v4 > FlightRecord
See below. My flights of 10/02/2017 and 11/02/2017(lost it) is not where it was previously written to?
upload_2017-2-11_21-33-32.png

It probably landed at the coordinates I mentioned. I would look for it now before someone else notices it and takes it.

I concur. In fact, it looks like it landed in a very large fenced in field that belongs to a restaurant:

upload_2017-2-11_14-34-2.png

Streetview shows it's Lizzy's Place and the sign has a number. I'd call them now to see if they'll let you in the back asap.

upload_2017-2-11_14-35-1.png

Kristen - it's the same file that you already uploaded to HealthyDrones. You must have accessed it to get it uploaded there. Whereever you have it, simply do the same thing, but at the phantomhelp website I linked to above.

As for the RTH... You can initiate that w/o the phone. Simply hold the RTH button on the RC for a few seconds until it starts beeping. Was your contact information on the Mavic in case an honest soul finds it?
I uploaded to Healthy drones via the mobile app. See picture above where I cannot find the latest logs?
I did not see initiating the RTH on the remote as necessary as it was already returning home indicated by the voice and beeping. In hindsight I should have pressed it in any case which I did not.

Well, it's a shot in the dark (literally), but since the restaurant is closed on Sunday (tomorrow), I'd give them a call NOW to get permission to go into that field - even if you don't go until tomorrow. At least you get the clearance.

As for the file location, are you using iFruit or Android?

For me, on Android, it's internal storage/DJI/dji.go.v4/flightrecord/. That's the only place I know of, so it's likely that it's missing due to crashing app.

Reactions: JoKhool
Well, it's a shot in the dark (literally), but since the restaurant is closed on Sunday (tomorrow), I'd give them a call NOW to get permission to go into that field - even if you don't go until tomorrow. At least you get the clearance.

As for the file location, are you using iFruit or Android?

For me, on Android, it's internal storage/DJI/dji.go.v4/flightrecord/. That's the only place I know of, so it's likely that it's missing due to crashing app.
I'm using android. Yes all my other flight logs are in the same location as yours, except for yesterday and today's.

Thank you for all your help so far!
Went there quick and looked around, but it is very overgrown by tall grass and its very dark so could not find anything. Will give it a go tomorrow morning again.

I uploaded to Healthy drones via the mobile app. See picture above where I cannot find the latest logs?
I did not see initiating the RTH on the remote as necessary as it was already returning home indicated by the voice and beeping. In hindsight I should have pressed it in any case which I did not.

No you did the right thing, if it was already on RTH then pressing it again would have aborted it. The big question is what is your RTH set to do? Did you look in the app to see what you have it set to do?

Reactions: TaserX
Was this with a android or ios?

I cant imagine flying without a tracker that takes balls . I use the trackimo, i couldnt lose my mavic if i tried. Well... maybe i could but u kno what im sayn haha. Chek it out.. first yr service free, its real time 3g wireless/gps/bluetooth combined. I use it for alot diff things too not just drone. Www.trackimo.com

No you did the right thing, if it was already on RTH then pressing it again would have aborted it. The big question is what is your RTH set to do? Did you look in the app to see what you have it set to do?
What are you referring to specifically? Altitude is set to 100m, it normally says returning to home in 5 or 10 seconds and then starts counting down if I dont cancel it in those couple of seconds it start returning home. If the remote is disconnected for more than 3 seconds it also starts returning home. Most of these settings is default settings, except for the altitude.

Was this with a android or ios?

I cant imagine flying without a tracker that takes balls . I use the trackimo, i couldnt lose my mavic if i tried. Well... maybe i could but u kno what im sayn haha. Chek it out.. first yr service free, its real time 3g wireless/gps/bluetooth combined. I use it for alot diff things too not just drone. Www.trackimo.com

Android. Look, if I find that baby tomorrow I am definitely getting a tracking device. Never thought it was needed with such a "sophisticated" machine. But this shows that it is not.

What are you referring to specifically? Altitude is set to 100m, it normally says returning to home in 5 or 10 seconds and then starts counting down if I dont cancel it in those couple of seconds it start returning home. If the remote is disconnected for more than 3 seconds it also starts returning home. Most of these settings is default settings, except for the altitude.

I am referring to what you set your RTH to do?

Under "remote controller signal lost" did you have it set to "Return to home" or "Landing" or "Hover"

Was Smart return to home ON?

Rob

I am referring to what you set your RTH to do?

Under "remote controller signal lost" did you have it set to "Return to home" or "Landing" or "Hover"

Rob
Return to home definitely.
But as one person said. It does not necessarily lose connection when the app crashes. But if that did not activate the RTH the low battery should have..?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Go out with a flashlight and look around the coordinates I mentioned. If you see it, grab it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The public Loathing of drones might make that impossible.
Its already 11pm over there and I know many areas of the country have a high crime rate. Add onto that the fact that the moment you mention a lost drone all sympathy dries up from almost everybody. Sometime even family members will be reluctant to help. The restaurant is probably not going to be welcoming either and searching around near someones property at midnight with a flashlight might not be a wise idea. Unless he has a few good buddies to help or is willing to Solo it, he may have to wait until daylight.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive