DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost my Mavic today. How do I find it?

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Lost my Mavic today. Whinds were high but it refused to come home. Kept starting to come home then went the other way, had 45% battery left. When it started to travel in the opposite direction I left it for a while then stopped it and started RTH again. Battery ran out and landed on a grey tiled roof facing a lake I know. Spent a few hours driving around the area with no luck. It had come home in even stronger winds before so I think it malfunctioned. Have the care thing but I read DJI need the aircraft. Spent hours looking for it with no luck. I have read you can find the coordinates from the logs. I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone direct me to an easy "How to find your Mavic" site?

Reactions: Lars Olsson
It shows you the last known coordinates that were received from it and guides you there. If he says he saw the landing then it's pretty much guaranteed it will work for him since the link was still up at that moment. When link gets lost it can be much more complicated since you have to guess what happened afterwards.

I just found the house where the drone landed.
The guy asked me to come back another time? On the same street I thought it landed given where I saw it land. It had traveled 650 meters away after a lot of drifting off and RTH.
Odd though, "Come back another time." It was getting a little dark and he did look a little nervous. I think the media in western countries create a lot of unnecessary fear in people.
Will go back tomorrow well before dark with my work name tag and security card to allay his fears.
Great technology, shame what society does to people's minds though.
John

I use Trackimo. I made this holder to clip onto the battery. It doesn't get in the way of the mavic gps. I have a new one I designed that has a clip that you must remove before you fly that is attached to the gimbal brace. I'll be adding it to Thingiverse soon but for now here is this one. Mavic Trackimo holder by claytonc2001

WOW!It's like "Game of Drones", can't wait till next episode, hope it turn out that he's not one of the villain.

Reactions: crisp007
I just found the house where the drone landed.
The guy asked me to come back another time? On the same street I thought it landed given where I saw it land. It had traveled 650 meters away after a lot of drifting off and RTH.
Odd though, "Come back another time." It was getting a little dark and he did look a little nervous. I think the media in western countries create a lot of unnecessary fear in people.
Will go back tomorrow well before dark with my work name tag and security card to allay his fears.
Great technology, shame what society does to people's minds though.
John
And you just left saying nothing else? Incredible, I will not give up so easy. I will call the police or ask help from neighborhood.. And in last case just stay in front of that house. Ok, that is private property and it's no way to trespassing but he have to help recovering your own property...

So now that you were at the house are you able to see the mavic on via the app or controller? --- or would the battery even sitting have drained by that point?

Reactions: lekrantz and Rnl
And you just left saying nothing else? Incredible, I will not give up so easy. I will call the police or ask help from neighborhood.. And in last case just stay in front of that house. Ok, that is private property and it's no way to trespassing but he have to help recovering your own property...
"Call the police" ? For what??? What crime has been committed that the police should be involved?

Reactions: PDXteriors
The bird has returned!!! I got my Drone back!
Been through a storm, rain and high winds. When I got to the house the guy said it didn't land on his roof. The app told me different, and there it was all majestic like camera facing the lake as it was when I watched it land on my phone. Took the battery out and it came out wet so must be some damage as well as malfunctioning issues on the RTH. I am so curious as to whether it will still fly with a fresh battery. But being the good, sensible, responsible drone enthusiast I am not going to. The care thingi.
Thanks for all your help people.

John

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga