DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Lubricating Mavic pro Engines with WD-40" and other nonsense - the "What the **** did I just see!" thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

So YouTube is one of the greatest things that have happened in our lifetime and it is a great source of information and an excellent medium for learning almost about anything. I must admit I was not a big fan of YouTube before I joined the sUAV flying community. But once I did, I discovered how immensely useful it was. I learned everything I needed from YouTube videos: starting from learning how to fly my MA, to getting the best out of the camera, to how to edit my footage.

But once in a while, I come across a YouTube video that will have me scratching my head in disbelief. This one had me picking up my jaw from the floor.

I really don't like to ridicule people or make fun of someone's lack of knowledge but somethings are just so unbelievable that you just don't know how to process them. What other nonsense have you come across lately?

Mods: if this better fits in the "Off Topic" section, feel free to move it.

perfect way to damage your motors ,do people know WD 40 is not a lubricant ,and the film it leaves will attract small particles that can clog up the bearings over time ,not to mention it could damage the coating on the windings

perfect way to damage your motors ,do people know WD 40 is not a lubricant ,and the film it leaves will attract small particles that can clog up the bearings over time ,not to mention it could damage the coating on the windings
Isn't it a water repellent?

Reactions: old man mavic
Reactions: Lastrexking

Exactly! Using WD40 is a silly idea, it's not a lubricant at all.

I prefer to lubricate the engines in my Mavic 2 with Castrol GTX 5W-40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil. The MPG is better, the drone flies twice as fast, and I seem to get less emissions from the exhaust.

I have been fascinated by WD 40 and its 75 Proven Uses (might be 115 by now) for years. I have tried a bunch of them (everything from lubing a baseball mitt to erasing crayon marks). Throw a roll of duck tape in and you have start on emergency kit!
1585104445306.png

I try to use air only in the most feasible way, if more is needed I have started using my wife's universal recipe, olive oil, fixes everything from dry feet to squeaky doors etc.

Reactions: Chip
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev