DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2+SC ... Where to find my RID ?

Did my drone zone registered A2 yesterday, rid went easily using advice above..was overthinking it at first. Did over water today with Drone Scanner locations showing on phone. Still waiting for cheap add-on rid for my Phantoms

The Smart Controller does not show the RID. I had to bind my MA2 to the original RC-N1 Controller and it showed me the ID #. I was hoping DJI would update the older SC to make it visible but haven't heard of any more updates coming for the SC.

RC-N1 Controller 04.11.0200
Smart Controller Firmware 01.01.0072
MA2 Firmware 01.01.1600
I had to insure that the DJI Fly App was updated on my iPad for it to work with the RC-N1 Controller and then I updated the Fly App manually on my RM500 Smart Controller. It then worked with either Controller that I was using. The Smart Controller was not a complete update of the entire firmware/software but just as I said, a Fly App only update.

Also, as I understand, Apple does not grant apps the use of ad-hoc wi-fi as Android does so we cannot see the RID Information with Drone Scanner on an IOS device. Im waiting to borrow an Android tablet and install Drone Scanner to verify mine is broadcasting as it should.

Try adding Fly app 1.12.0
Wow, it was there. DJI Assistant did not do this update. I started Fly App on the SC, and it offered to do a self update, and Voila! I can see the RID now on the SC!!!! Very, very happy about that. Thank you so much CaseyK for your response!

2 observations:

1 - Although the Fly App shows the RID status now, drone scanner does not detect the drone when it is 2 feet off the ground.

2 - A few seconds after a stable take off the MA2 started moving sideways and accelerating. My drone has NEVER done that before! I will take it outside and try this once again.

Last edited:
DJI support tells me the RID is the same as the aircraft serial number. Hope this helps.

Ken
What drone model were you asking DJI about?

Their statement is only true for recently manufactured drones, something like the last two years. Not true for a Mavic Air or Mavic Air 2, which are older. True for some Mavic Air 2S.

Their statement is only true for recently manufactured drones, something like the last two years. Not true for a Mavic Air or Mavic Air 2, which are older. True for some Mavic Air 2S.
My Air 2 has RID. When registering with FAA they didn't want the serial number of the AC. just the RID number.

I did not know that. Thanks. I was asking about a new Air 3 which makes sense with what you said. I also have an Air 2 that I have stopped flying now that I have the Air 3 but it sounds like i need to know what that RID is in the event I want to use it again. How do you find it? Thanks in advance.
Ken

I did not know that. Thanks. I was asking about a new Air 3 which makes sense with what you said. I also have an Air 2 that I have stopped flying now that I have the Air 3 but it sounds like i need to know what that RID is in the event I want to use it again. How do you find it? Thanks in advance.
Ken
You need to have v01.01.1600 on your Air 2 and have 1.12.0 Fly App. connect to your AC, press the three dots and it should show near the bottom. Good Luck.

Ken
I updated my Air2 yesterday. You need to hook up to your phone DJI Fly, update, and then you’ll find the RID number in the “About” section.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart