DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro and Goggle Racing Edition Issue

DBT

Reactions
I am new to drones and I received my drone last week.
I updated the firmware on the remote controller, drone, batteries and RE Goggles to the latest.

I cannot figure out what is the proper steps to connect the Goggles RE to the Mavic 2 Pro drone.

Can anyone help me out?

I have tried so many different things from other comments,searching the Internet and DJI support wasn't very helpful.

Frustration??

TIA!!

I already tried that but just counts down and nothing

When I power on the Goggles, essentially the first time, I see the DJI splash screen, then an OK button, then language choice English, then Welcome with a list of supported aircraft, then the "Terms of Use agreement, then Activation Type, either With DJI Assistant 2 or mobile device (I tried both), then it says "DJI Goggles Wireless Linking", then "Connect DJI Googles to Aircraft", It mentions to make sure the Remote controller is linked to the aircraft, which it was, then press the linking button on the aircraft, then it starts counting down but never links. When I do this, the remote controller then disconnects from the aircraft.

Any other suggestions? Very frustrating. I hate to have wasted the money for the Racing Goggles.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
False!
Right:
1. Update goggle re to Ver. 1.0.600 with DJI Assistent 2 !!!!
only then Ver. 1.0.600:
2. Ensure both the aircraft and the remote controller are powered on and linked.
3. Press the link button (see Page 8) on Goggles RE OR use the touch panel of Goggles to enter “Tools > Settings > Linking
4. Settings”, select “Quick Linking” Mavic PRO and confirm. The Goggles RE linking status indicator will go solid red on standby for linking.
4. Press the link button on the Mavic Pro. Once linked, the Goggles RE linking status indicator will turn solid green.
5. Ready to fly.

The Goggles are at 1.0.600 version.
I figured why I was getting the initial startup. The Goggles need to be activated but I thought they were since I updated the firmware.
I had to be logged out of DJI Assistant 2 before connecting the Goggles to the computer. Once I did that, I was able to activate them.
Now I have to get the RC and the aircraft re-link so I can continue the Goggles linking.

I don't know how an average person would figure all this out. I work in the IT field so that says something. LOL

I'll let you know how I make out with the next and hopefully final step.

OK

I followed the steps but no link. Again the RC disconnected from the Mavic 2 Pro once I pressed the linking button on the aircraft.

What may I be doing wrong

As a final note. I was able to get it to link together finally. I had to choose the Mavic II in the menu not the Mavic Pro. I guess that option shows once the firmware is up to date.

Thanks for your help.

Much appreciated. Not I can going have some fun flying. :)

Interested to hear how you get on - I’ve tried once and get interference message and disconnects on goggles and controller/phone. All fine with just controller/phone.

Interested to hear how you get on - I’ve tried once and get interference message and disconnects on goggles and controller/phone. All fine with just controller/phone.

Apparently it's a known issue... the range is very limited with the goggles at the moment. Apparently using the antenna can *help* (but not entirely solve) the range, but hopefully they sort it all out via firmware. I get max range of about 1200ft with the goggles, and several miles without.

Apparently it's a known issue... the range is very limited with the goggles at the moment. Apparently using the antenna can *help* (but not entirely solve) the range, but hopefully they sort it all out via firmware. I get max range of about 1200ft with the goggles, and several miles without.
I have fought this same problem, I could only get out to 2500’ and lose video. The Mavic 2 doesn’t have the option to connect 2 goggles and 2 remotes like the Mavic Pro. Called tech support and they were no help. Boxed it all up and returned it and getting a Mavic Pro, take it out to 13,000’ with no problem.

I'm having the same problem. I have updated to the latest firmware on the goggles. I have tried to use just the liking buttons and also the menu via the goggles and the button on the aircraft. The Mavic 2 works just fine flying via the remote controller, but I have been unable to link up the goggles. I have tried about 10 times. It just counts down from 60 every time.

What has helped for me was forcing the aircraft video link to 2.4GHz instead of the default auto 2.4/5.8. When in 5.8 I have the issue, in 2.4 I don't.

What has helped for me was forcing the aircraft video link to 2.4GHz instead of the default auto 2.4/5.8. When in 5.8 I have the issue, in 2.4 I don't.
So, in 2.4 mode it works as well as it does with the Mavic Pro? 4 or 5 km?

I have not gone that far, but the point is that unlike in 5.8 having the goggles on or not does not affect the link on the remote/app so one can expect the specs to be matched.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki