DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro firmware wont download

Resolved my problem by ditching the go4 app update process. I used the DJI Assistant to first update the controller, then independently used it to update the aircraft. Everything is in sync now. I am not sure why the GO4 app process didn't work.

This happened to me too. The drone would not update over cellular. Plugged it in to my mac and it worked straight away. The RC, on the other hand, updated with no problems over cellular.

Same here with the android GO 4 App... but it was then fine with the DJI Assistant Software!

Problem i have now is i updated on assistant with no issues. But go 4 is saying "inconsistent firmware, are you sure you wish to update". I click cancel. all is fine but message returns next time i load it.

Problem i have now is i updated on assistant with no issues. But go 4 is saying "inconsistent firmware, are you sure you wish to update". I click cancel. all is fine but message returns next time i load it.

What does the GO4 About stay are the values? Also, I assume you updated both the aircraft and the RC through Assistant.

Same problem. Tried to install Assistant program for Windows 10 and my AV quarantined it. I'm a little afraid it's infected somehow being that this is software from China. :/ Now what?

Same problem here - using the app on my phone, it will always stop at around 20-24% and give me the "Continue Downloading" button. Pressing it restarts the download but it won't complete and stop again at the same point.

I have tried using the DJ Assistant on different Macs and with different cables but it also fails at 24%.

I looked at the log files and one of them says:

[DJIWebFileGetter ] Downloading [wm240_0901_v12.01.00.09_20180821.pro.fw.sig] 98% 2592.11 kB/s
[DJIWebFileGetter ] Downloading [wm240_0901_v12.01.00.09_20180821.pro.fw.sig] 99% 2595.91 kB/s
[DJIWebFileGetter ] Downloading [wm240_0901_v12.01.00.09_20180821.pro.fw.sig] 100% 2596.72 kB/s
[DJIFirmServiceAgent2] 0901 firm md5 is not right!

Check out the last line, does that mean that the firmware on DJI's server has a hash value issue?

I also just tried using a Windows machine and DJ Assistant stops at 24% too. I'm at my wits end, this has been the worst out-of-the box experience with any piece of technology ever... Wanted to take the drone with me on hols tomorrow but can't even do a maiden flight with it.

I was able to get sacrifice my macbook and installed Assist. Took about 45 mins for me to install software and upgrade bird and controller. What a pain. It wasn't that difficult w/ my previous DJI products (Phantom3, Mavic Pro, Spark)

How did you manage to install it via your Macbook? Did it stop downloading for you too at some point and you simply retried over and over again? I've now tried for two days and at least a hundred times but it simply won't go over 24% during the download process.

The install from my Macbook went smoothly..... It downloaded the updated firmware w/o issues on the first try. It's on the same wifi network as my phone (which failed). Not sure why yours stop at 24%. Try removing the program and reinstall?

Just had a chat with their customer service. They had me reinstall the software too which I had already done before. Fails at 24% again. They now think it might be a hardware defect with the drone, will have to send it back to them.

What does the GO4 About stay are the values? Also, I assume you updated both the aircraft and the RC through Assistant.

Problem solved. Turns out each battery needs to be flash in turn. But the message in Go4 doesnt make that clear.
Previous mavic firmware specifically mentions battery. The new flash just says "modules".

Guess what, my initial gut feeling was right! DJI delivers their updates via a CDN and one package that is part of the firmware has a wrong md5 hash value on their servers (like mentioned before). This causes the download to fail all the time as long as you are being served from the same CDN (which was based in the US in my case).

Since some people don't have issues, I couldn't believe that this is globally the same and thought it had to be restricted to where the firmware files actually come from. The guy from customer support saying that it is a hardware fault and wanting me to return the drone was also something I couldn't really believe since the log files clearly show the md5 error (what other proof does one need...).

Anyhow, I got myself a VPN, connected the DJI Assistant via the VPN and voila, the firmware downloads just fine because the files come from a different server of the CDN now!

I hope this helps others out there with similar firmware issues but it's a real shame that DJI couldn't figure this out themselves and the wrong firmware files are still sitting on their servers certainly causing lots of other people headaches...

They must serve it differently from Assistant 2 as that seems to work every single time. Either that or it doesnt check md5 (worrying).

Lots of us are in europe and have the same Go4 issue as well so it maybe a lot or maybe all of them.

I'm also in Europe but still got the files from a US-based CDN server (was always served by the same one, whether I used Go4 or DJ Assistant 2). They should urgently look into this, something is seriously wrong on their side...

Next obvious question then is what is Assistant 2 doing differently? Is it bypassing the CDNs and pulling the firmware off DJI directly or is it not checking MD5?

Still can't get the Mav2 to update its firmware. Tried both via Go4 app and Dji Assistant 2.
Might be my data connection tho. Its awfully slow atm...

The Assistant doesn't do anything differently, at least not in my experience. The GO4 app stopped at exactly the same point as the DJI Assistant software when they were both connected to the same network. I analysed the log files of the app and the software on Mac and Windows and they all received the files with the wrong md5 values from exactly the same server causing the update to fail.

My guess is that people who all of a sudden can update the firmware, are being served the files from elsewhere. They might be connected to a different network or the US CDN might be overloaded temporarily and the files come from a different server. Updating via Cellular will probably also initiate a file transfer from a different location than Wifi networks. To me, it all boils down whether you receive the files from a DJI server that has a corrupted firmware file or not and it seems to be pure luck.

Ive tested several times since reading this, assistant works every single time, 100% of the time. Instant fetching of firmware.
Go4 comes up with the error every time.
Both connected to the the same LAN (and tested a vpn to elsewhere on the lan).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo