DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro video playback

Fullerz88

Reactions
Hi people,

When I playback shots on my MacBook Pro through the SD card the video lags and jumps, it is not smooth at all. On the other hand when I playback on my device through the SD card the footage is smooth.

Can someone advise me weather this is a laptop issue or an SD card issue as I’m off to Iceland Friday and i need everything working to its full capacity [emoji51]

Thanks

What are you recording in? If you are using DLOG-M it forces you to use h.265 which really tests even the fastest of computers.

With my h.265 footage I can play it back fine on my iDevices except for my mid-2014 MacBook Pro. Same issue - lags, stutters, jumps etc.

If you edit with FCPX you can always import and use proxy media to view/edit and then export to a format your computer can handle.

Hi people,

When I playback shots on my MacBook Pro through the SD card the video lags and jumps, it is not smooth at all. On the other hand when I playback on my device through the SD card the footage is smooth.

Can someone advise me weather this is a laptop issue or an SD card issue as I’m off to Iceland Friday and i need everything working to its full capacity [emoji51]

Thanks

On what device does it playback smoothly?

What are you recording in? If you are using DLOG-M it forces you to use h.265 which really tests even the fastest of computers.

With my h.265 footage I can play it back fine on my iDevices except for my mid-2014 MacBook Pro. Same issue - lags, stutters, jumps etc.

If you edit with FCPX you can always import and use proxy media to view/edit and then export to a format your computer can handle.

My MacBook is early 2015 so this could be the issue. I did change to h.264 and the issue was still there though...

It could be the SD card as well. It may not be fast enough to deliver the video in time. Try copying the files to the internal drive (hopefully an SSD drive).

Memory card is Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 128gb with write speeds up to 100 mb/s and read speeds up to 90mb/s. From what I’ve researched this should be plenty!?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569