DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro w/ Smart controller and iPad Pro 11"

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi guys, Just in process of purchasing the M2 Pro with smart controller and wondering if there is a suitable bracket on the market that fits the iPad Pro 11"? Also are there still connection. problems with the iPad and M 2 pro? Thanks

Welcome to the M2 Family

Your going to need a second controller to hook up the Ipad Pro
The other option is to buy a HDMI monitor and get the Thor Adapter for the Smart Controller however there is just a little lag in that pursuit .

IMG_9314.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and land on Water.

I suggest trying the Smart Controller display first, it really is quite good. Another advantage being quick and easy to deploy the drone without the hassle of plugs and attachment brackets etc. I use a neck strap and have a shade hood which is seldom used. As others mentioned, you can always use a larger screen with HDMI input if need be.

thanks for the info. Having done quite a bit of research, I am getting the feeling that to do mapping or inspections, the best combo is the normal remote with an iPad. I know its been discussed on here before , but can someone confirm that Pix4d capture and drone deploy aren't available for the smart controller, without installing Pilot PE?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Already ordered the Mavic w/ the sc. The bigger display will help on some projects
The SC is very bright so you can see it in intense light situations. Ipads are that bright. I put a 7 inch high brightness video screen on a bracker above the SC so I can see exactly what the camera sees without all the flight info. See Thors drone world for the brackets. They have screens but you can buy them at BH Photo or Amazon, etc. Get a decent one or the video will skip.

Already ordered the Mavic w/ the sc. The bigger display will help on some projects
You would be much better off with buying yourself the Feel World 729S monitor. It connects via HDMI, it is an astounding 2,200nits of brightness, nothing comes close to this screen and works well in mid day sun, plus it can be bought new for about $235. and you can get a low cost 3d printed bracket on ebay for about $44 or the excellent but expensive Thor bracket for about 3 times the price.

I use this screen with my SC when I want an additional screen to my SC. It is light weight too and much brighter and cheaper and lighter than even the Crystal Sky Ultrabright or is it the super bright? Yes it is a 7 inch screen, this Feel World but that is more manageable to carry around than a 10 in iPad, plus it won't overheat the way an iPad will. Check it out before you buy that iPad. When I use it, I chose to have it display just what my camera is showing and all the other data regarding flight and settings, I keep displayed on my SC.

thanks for all the welcomes! One more question. There is a remote available, model GL200A ,on eBay. Is this compatible with the M2 pro? Seller says yes, others say no!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steel63

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov