DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Battery Life is Incredible!

I see a lot of threads here with people comparing it to cheaper drones and saying things like "I can't tell the difference from my M2Z".
I remember that at the time I was researching for the Mavic 2, there were a lot of people that got the Mavic 2 zoom, just because of the price. I never understood this as the zoom of its camera was minimal. In addition the 1 inch sensor and the adjustable aperture in the pro offered vastly improved image quality and much needed adjustments when shooting video. Personally I would never buy so expensive equipment without the ability to adjust aperture. Then I found out that most people choosing the zoom over the pro do not care that much about these things. I understand that the same applies to the Mavic 3 and this could explain all the fuss about its price.

I remember that at the time I was researching for the Mavic 2, there were a lot of people that got the Mavic 2 zoom, just because of the price. I never understood this as the zoom of its camera was minimal. In addition the 1 inch sensor and the adjustable aperture in the pro offered vastly improved image quality and much needed adjustments when shooting video. Personally I would never buy so expensive equipment without the ability to adjust aperture. Then I found out that most people choosing the zoom over the pro do not care that much about these things. I understand that the same applies to the Mavic 3 and this could explain all the fuss about its price.
I bought both and the Zoom by far was more fun to fly for sure, but the Pro was great when wanting to play with the camera, especially in low-light and even got some nice shots with the full moon out providing a little bit of extra light in the night.

Reactions: Norval
I still remember my inspire 1 v2 with zenmuse x5s X3 and its 16 minutes of autonomy. The battery life on the Mavic 3 with a 4/3 sensor is really amazing

I got 51 minutes earlier today although granted there was like no wind. Entire flight was over a bay no more than 15' above the water with no high speed flying. I got 3 batts when I got the drone. Basically put together my own flymore so I could get the filters I wanted etc. My bag sucks though as the rc pro won't fit so I'll likely return the bag and get a diff. super costly package, but for the battery life, the range and zoom - makes everything else obsolete to me other than having spares for when someone else in the fam wants to crowd the air.

I have 6 batteries and typically get 38-40+ minutes and being able to remain in the air and try this and that is just huge. With the most recent firmware and updates to the tele lens I'm very happy.

I have 6 batteries and typically get 38-40+ minutes and being able to remain in the air and try this and that is just huge. With the most recent firmware and updates to the tele lens I'm very happy.
6 batteries? Wow. This may be a dumb question but I'm guessing that cold weather really wreaks havoc on flight times.

6 batteries? Wow. This may be a dumb question but I'm guessing that cold weather really wreaks havoc on flight times.
I was shocked to find that isn't the case nearly as much as I would have expected. I've flow in -20-25F with 20mph winds and while my battery life is diminished it isn't even close to diminished by half. I've also flown at -30F but don't recall the wind on that flight and quite honestly battery life isn't terribly degraded. My flights start with batteries from a warm car and given that they are probably warmed from usage and flights are not that long the impact doesn't seem to be that great. The one thing that I have noticed is toward the end of a flight I have gotten an alert about battery condition which I attribute to the battery getting cold and unable to provide current or some such thing. I can't recall the actual text. It's also true that I always plan on bringing my drone home around 20% as I am 70yrs old and if it went down on a mountain side even a half mile from me in 4feet of snow at -25F it would be as good as gone so I can't attest to how far one can really push thing in cold temps :).

I got 51 minutes earlier today although granted there was like no wind. Entire flight was over a bay no more than 15' above the water with no high speed flying. I got 3 batts when I got the drone. Basically put together my own flymore so I could get the filters I wanted etc. My bag sucks though as the rc pro won't fit so I'll likely return the bag and get a diff. super costly package, but for the battery life, the range and zoom - makes everything else obsolete to me other than having spares for when someone else in the fam wants to crowd the air.
How did you manage to get more then the advertised flight time ? Most people are getting 41 and you're getting 51? I'd be interested to see the flight log in that case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone