DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air and DJI Goggles - Newbie

SO I have my goggles working... I get the live feed from the Air. Everything appears to be fine except...

I only have tap to fly option... NO head tracking features. I don't get it.

Reactions: Trevlam
NO head tracking features
You can find the head tracking menu item by swiping down with two fingers on the touch pad on the right side of the goggles.

I only have tap to fly option... NO head tracking features. I don't get it.
Would not be surprising at all that further updates are needed before enabling it - IF it ever becomes available. Spark did not have it AFAIK.

Would not be surprising at all that further updates are needed before enabling it - IF it ever becomes available. Spark did not have it AFAIK.
I'm able to see that option when flying my Mavic Air.

Excuse my ignorance as a newbie but once I have the latest firmware and activated with latest version of Assistant 2 I plug using the USB standard end on bottom of controller and into micro USB of the goggles, then what? Do the goggles always have to be tethered via a cable/wired connection? Sorry but I am confused... sorry. My thoughts would have been that these would be connected wirelessly so a second person could wear and experience the VR while I controlled the Mavic Air.

@Shaker You’re right you’ll have to be tethered to the controller when using the Goggles only the Mavic Pro (at present) is wireless. I think it was a little misleading by DJI to say the Goggles “paired” with the Air, in today’s terminology that would suggest no wires.

Alan M

Well the only option you get is to fly the Air w/ the goggles with the gimbal up/down only. I thought I could have the kids watching while I was flying and they could turn left/right and such.

Seems this feature is for the mavic pro only. What I want is the "slave" mode where they can look left and right up and down and such. Seems like I'll be selling the Air soon as the MP2 is released.

Reactions: woesch
The gimbal doesn't have enough mechanical travel to let you pan left/right. This thing is all about being compact...

I still can’t connect the goggles to the drone. I have the latest Assistant 2 and updated firmware then I plug the goggles into the controller USB on bottom and I can’t find a way to connect... all I see is the drone not connected message in upper left. Is there somewhere in the menu that I need to go to to connect to the Air? Every other option is for other drones other than the Air and those involve connect the goggles to the actual drone whereas that cannot be done with the Air...
any assistance would be greatly appreciated [emoji848]

Reactions: Trevlam
I also found out that the supplied cord is crap. I had to use another cord and then I had rock solid performance.

If your still having issues try another cord.

So I disconnected the side cable then connected the goggles and turned on both the controller and MA. The controller indicator light turned green but nothing on the goggle screen and 4 lights on side of goggles lighting one after each other but never to solid green like I had when I was at least able to see the menu screen on the goggles previously. I waited 5-7 minutes then shut down. Any ideas of what else I need to do. Is there a sequence of hooking up and turning on the controller and MA that I need to follow?

Ok, got all set up and I have green ready to fly indicated on upper left of goggle screen and I get to auto take off menu and it fails each time after I press confirm.... how the heck do you fly this thing with the goggles? I get all the menus and make all the necessary changes for camera setup etc but I just do not know how to take-off and fly the MA with goggles.

And by the way I don’t see anything from the camera so I figured it would activate once I take off.

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for maybe sounding stupid but I am getting real close to taking a baseball bat to these goggles.... [emoji12]

Sounds like your firmware needs updating on the goggles to get live view to work. Are you using the Goggles RE or the white goggles? If the RE, you're out of luck until DJI releases updated firmware (that's the boat I am in).

I updated the firmware on Saturday. I will try to update again. I am using the white non RE edition of the goggles.... I ma getting close to getting this to work, I think, but very very frustrated as there is little to absolutely no information available anywhere, especially for someone like me who has never ever owned a drone before and it seems that everyone makes it sound so intuitive for a newbie.....but it is absolutely not intuitive and I consider my self pretty computer savvy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123