DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and i'll say it again. I'll probably get alot of hate for it too. Most of the guys who complain about specs have crap videos anyways. There's only a handful of guys on here that actually post-process worth a hoot, everyone else including me ( mod removed ). lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with this ... I have made a ton of buys and then was “pissed” they came out with something newer and smaller! Let’s be honest all you pro owners would be all over this if you if you had the extra money to buy.... good thing I do I think it’s a great opportunity and veeeerrrry versatile... nobody here should be flying 3 miles away to take a shot anyways... and nobody really ever does... just cause it has longer range means nothing.... better SHOTS MEANS BETTER DRONE

That’s probably one of the stupidest things I have read. It has nothing to do with money, I have plenty of money but am not “all over this” because it doesn’t interest me. I don’t want a smaller drone, I don’t want lesser battery life, I don’t want WiFi connection only, and I certainly don’t want to pay 800 bucks for all that. Want and can’t are two completely different things. I don’t fly 3 miles to take a shot, I fly 3 Miles because I can, and I like to explore. And yes, having longer range capabilities does mean something, it means stronger signal and better connection at shorter range. Finally, there is a whole lot more to a drone than getting good shots. Give me a break

Reactions: Steve Hurt
I thought they were only 21 minutes flight time
21 minutes in the real world are about 18 minutes minus the critical battery level, so the actual flight time will be about 15 minutes tops. Its ok for a selfie drone range is also something that its ok for a selfie drone but you cannot really fly like a MP or Phantom.

21 minutes in the real world are about 18 minutes minus the critical battery level, so the actual flight time will be about 15 minutes tops. Its ok for a selfie drone range is also something that its ok for a selfie drone but you cannot really fly like a MP or Phantom.
I ditched a P3P for the Air. It's a major upgrade for me and my lifestyle and I am not a selfie person.

I ditched a P3P for the Air. It's a major upgrade for me and my lifestyle and I am not a selfie person.
Well P3P to Air is indeed a major upgrade.

Like moving from a from a Kia to a WW Golf, yeah its an upgrade, but you still have a long way to go up lol :)

15 minutes of flight time makes it a selfie drone?????

Range + Flight time is perfect for a selfie drone. :) Also remember, wind conditions change as well as weather impact battery charge.
If its a bit windy you will use more juice to move from point A to point B.

I might be buying one Mavic Air instead of a Spark for my girlfriend as a small selfie drone.

Video and latency is also a bigger compared to the Ocusync technology. The Air; is a great entry level selfie drone and an amazing piece of technology !

OK guys lets chill and think .
IMG_7921.jpg

I just own a Spark and I find the Air really disappointing, I can tell you one large reason as to why - Its louder than the Spark and the Mavic. I was expecting the same noise reducing tech from the MPP in the MA, how hard could have it possibly been to at least design the MA with low-noise props in mind?
Have you experienced the Mavic Air?
I have had a Mavic Pro, tried a Spark and retuned it immediately, currently own a Mavic Pro Platinum, and just purchased a Mavic Air after test driving at a DJI event today. The noise levels of the Air are not that bad -- perception of loudness is less than the Spark and MPro in my opinion, and I am retired from a profession that involved nothing but sound production. The Platinum is the ultimate in quiet from that group, but the Air is quite tolerable and has so much else going for it as well. Try it before you make judgements based on numbers.... the human ear is an amazing piece of technology and we do not all perceive the same.

Reactions: philh24
Well P3P to Air is indeed a major upgrade.

Like moving from a from a Kia to a WW Golf, yeah its an upgrade, but you still have a long way to go up lol :)

What a troll. Guess I joined the wrong forum. So many Mavic owners have to be negative. Very immature as well.

Reactions: philh24
Well being no one seemed to read my post and you guys just want to continue it stops here .

CLOSED
IMG_8764.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15