DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Crash - Back Arm Dislocated !!!

Because of smaller props, Mavic don't do well against the wind. I suggest avoiding any flight when surface winds are 12 mph or more. At altitude the wind increases, especially above tree line. Check out an app called UAV Forecast Also consider Kp index. Most pilots don't know what it is or how it could effect your bird.

As an airplane pilot, I'm used to checking metar and taf before flying... The problem is that I have just recently got the Mavic, it's my first drone, and I was super looking forward to flying it and testing capabilities. Being in Vancouver, yesterday was the first beautiful day on a weekend in a very long time, and I just had to go out and fly. I was reckless and definitely learned my lesson (gladly it was a pretty light lesson). These little drones are incredible, and they earn your trust very fast, we just need to remember who's in control.

I got my Mavic yesterday and after 10 tries to update firmware, it finally worked. Was having a blast with it today and in Sport Mode, I ran it into the house doing about 30mph. Same thing happened to mine....the back arm rotated up past it's "flying" position and bent/broke that triangle shaped piece of plastic. I loosed the top of the shell where batter goes, used some Gorilla Super Glue and clamped the piece down....letting it sit overnight. Will fly it again tomorrow and will definitely honor the 167feet stopping distance shown in the Sport Mode warning ! You would think that piece would be much stronger.

For anyone who needs the piece hes talking about, and doesnt want to use gorilla glue, this is it. It's part of the arm "saddle"

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

I don't get all these "didn't know where my Mavic was, flew it into a tree" people. How do you accidentally fly it into a tree by not knowing where your Mavic is? SMH... If you can't see your MP, bad things will probably happen.

Because of smaller props, Mavic don't do well against the wind. I suggest avoiding any flight when surface winds are 12 mph or more. At altitude the wind increases, especially above tree line. Check out an app called UAV Forecast Also consider Kp index. Most pilots don't know what it is or how it could effect your bird.
KP had never affected a flight of mine as of yet. I've had two warning in the UAV App. The first one made me actually look it up to see what KP was. Flew both times and the MP flew like a champ.

With all the posts that already have said this, this poor should have known NOT to fly in SPORT MODE until he/she is very proficient. This is how people get hurt and how Mavin crash. VERY BAD JUDGMENT and no common sense.

Reactions: Boog0822
With all the posts that already have said this, this poor should have known NOT to fly in SPORT MODE until he/she is very proficient. This is how people get hurt and how Mavin crash. VERY BAD JUDGMENT and no common sense.
Agreed. One guy said he flew it into the house at 30mph. Lol... Unreal. How do you fly it directly into a house? How about flying at 200+ feet and staying away from the houses?

I had the plastic that prevents the back arm from rotating further upward become bendable after a crash. Sent to DJI, quoted $237 for repair or $79 to refresh, so I refreshed...

iPhone 6S
hi there! can i ask you, did u purchase the dji refresh after the crash? is that allowed? did they replace the whole drone? and did u pay for shipping fee when u sent your drone to them? thanks

If you can show it's flying and working on a video, you may be able to purchase DJI care refresh....I was lurking on their boards and found this from a DJi team moderator:

You can still buy it, but you'll need to submit a video showing your drone is in working order: https://repair.dji.com/en/djiCare/CustomerUpLoad
hi this means they want you to buy the care refresh before any accidents right? just crashed mine i think im too late to buy the dji care refresh :( wonder if they will replace the whole thinf if i did.

Just FYI, can fix dislocated front and rear arms and turn them around pretty quickly. DJI could take a month or more and charge you $100 - $200.

hi there! can i ask you, did u purchase the dji refresh after the crash? is that allowed? did they replace the whole drone? and did u pay for shipping fee when u sent your drone to them? thanks

You have to buy it before the crash, though maybe they wouldn't realize if you bought it after.. you still have to buy it within the first 24 or 48 hours I can't remember what

i did same and it takes very little to break that tab. Weakest point of assembly. I fixed it with Super Glue but crashed really hard few days later, breaking gimbal. I did refresh and got new one.

But I bought both of the back arms and will replace them in future. They are $40 and easy to replace. Got them from Cloud City. Just look on YouTube.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin