DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic did not RTH. Kept drifting away and had to do an emergency landing. Why?

In addition to all these great responses, there is also the option of pushing the right stick (pitch) full forward while in Return to Home mode. The airspeed will increase from 20mph to over 30mph. If that is not enough, then you'll have to switch to sport mode to get full power. As others have stated, bring the craft to a lower altitude will also help.
Wouldn't that depend on the RTH mode? In Smart RTH the front OA sensors are engaged limiting the top speed to about 20 mph. (If setup prior to RTH event) In the other 2 RTH modes, the manual is unclear if OA is available if turned on prior to the RTH event.

Wouldn't that depend on the RTH mode? In Smart RTH the front OA sensors are engaged limiting the top speed to about 20 mph. (If setup prior to RTH event) In the other 2 RTH modes, the manual is unclear if OA is available if turned on prior to the RTH event.

No. Even with Obstacle Avoidance set to on, the air speed will increase to over 30mph if you push the right stick to full. This only applies to Return to Home mode.

No. Even with Obstacle Avoidance set to on, the air speed will increase to over 30mph if you push the right stick to full. This only applies to Return to Home mode.
That is interesting. Will have to try that. Going 30 mph I doubt OA would be very effective.

Sport Mode is essential! I jet out to chosen filming location on full boost. Then drop into P Mode or Tripod (other intelligent flight modes) . Capture footage . Then switch right back into Sport Mode for the ride back. Lots of pilots use this methodology.

Take your prop guard money and instead buy a $60 dollar a year personal articles policy for your Mavic only. You do not need to be currently insured with StateFarm to have them issue this policy. It covers everything that could potentially happen to your Mavic and will allow you piece of mind to fly with more confidence.
What is the fine print on that policy? Deductible, does it cover a lost or stolen drone, etc, ? Thank you and great idea!

Reactions: Falcon1az
What is the fine print on that policy? Deductible, does it cover a lost or stolen drone, etc, ? Thank you and great idea!
I had no idea you could buy insurance to cover a lost drone. I'm going to call State Farm and ask about this policy.

Sport Mode is essential! I jet out to chosen filming location on full boost. Then drop into P Mode or Tripod (other intelligent flight modes) . Capture footage . Then switch right back into Sport Mode for the ride back. Lots of pilots use this methodology.

Take your prop guard money and instead buy a $60 dollar a year personal articles policy for your Mavic only. You do not need to be currently insured with StateFarm to have them issue this policy. It covers everything that could potentially happen to your Mavic and will allow you piece of mind to fly with more confidence.

Ok,...I also just learned about the personal policy myself and looked (Googled) it up. I am reading on SF's web site to see what they cover under this policy. Exactly what category would our drones be covered under for about $60.00? (Sports Equipment? Collectibles?)
Thanks for your advice.

Yeah, Lots of people have no idea that a drone can be covered under a personal articles insurance policy.

They can! I have been covered for months and months! Its a no brainier. I originally learned about it back in my Phantom 3 Days.

Policy covers EVERYTHING ! Name something. Its covered.

No deductible!

Call a local agent and ask for a personal articles policy for your Mavic Drone.
They may say they need to research it and will get back to you. When they do they will say sure we can insure it. Give us 5 bucks a month and they will send you the documents in the mail that indicate you are fully covered.

I get them to write me polices like this for my firearms , extended electronics, etc.

When I speak to people I encourage them to come by and break in to the house as I want to replace all my items with new and upgraded items. They think I am kidding... :)

Reactions: Falcon1az
Always set a one of the c buttons to home lock, that way when you get into a uncertain situation, you have a fail safe with out confusion and more chance of recovery with less battery drain...

Reactions: BD0G

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes