DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic dropped mid air -> destroyed

My Mavic also dropped from the sky, but I cant find it. After DJI's investigation I was offered 30% off a new drone since they could not detect pilot error. Can you see if you can find when it was produced by the serial number?

My Mavic also dropped from the sky, but I cant find it. After DJI's investigation I was offered 30% off a new drone since they could not detect pilot error. Can you see if you can find when it was produced by the serial number?
31 march 2017, but it was a refurbish unit.... I see some DAT prior to the date i receive it from DJI...

As i live in Switzerland, i was not even allowed to buy a refresh package. So if the warranty doesn't cover it, i won't pay for a repair. Everything is brocken, gimbal, props, antennas, frame etc...
I asked DJI about buying refresh when i got my Mavic and they said just go ahead buy it on the German DJI site and put Germany as country. That way i got refresh and they have confirmed I have refresh after registering.

"laceyboy" on DJI forum pointed the following out, drop in battery voltage :

Mavic dropped mid air -> destroyed

083857xpmfmmxhcaaaamm2.png

I asked DJI about buying refresh when i got my Mavic and they said just go ahead buy it on the German DJI site and put Germany as country. That way i got refresh and they have confirmed I have refresh after registering.
Can you do a refresh package once you get a refurbished unit ? I mean, you have to activate the AC anyway

Hello, thank you for your analysis.
The battery was never fully discharged and had never been dropped. I take great care of my stuff. The battery was charged the same morning, 4 hours prior to the flight.

I've oppened a case at DJI, they are currently analysing the log synced from my account. I hope they accept their fault and that they replace the drone and the battery
Ok... Pretty weird.. that battery voltage drop has me going ....... Eeeeek

Yeah, me too. Has me thinking about buying refresh. Is that something I can buy at any time?

I think so. But you have to prepare a video showing your mavic is alive. Instructions on dji.com. Seems painful to prepare.

I think so. But you have to prepare a video showing your mavic is alive. Instructions on dji.com. Seems painful to prepare.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I originally took it as a BS warranty like they try to sell you for everything you buy. Sounds like it might actually be worth it in this case...

Thanks, I'll check it out. I originally took it as a BS warranty like they try to sell you for everything you buy. Sounds like it might actually be worth it in this case...
I bought it last week in a shop in the US and activated the refresh in Europe. You have 48 hours to do it or you have to go through the painful process . I was in time.

Yeah, me too. Has me thinking about buying refresh. Is that something I can buy at any time?
You can only do the refresh serial number activation code within 48 hours of activating the mavic, you goto a web link and put the code in and put the serial number of the mavic.. i have it with mine.. but i think they charge $70 to replace it if it's damaged somehow (or maybe depends on circumstances whether they charge the $70 for damage related things).

I saw this battery drop failure on a few threads now, I'm getting a bit worried about it.

In the second two flight logs, the motors were not running. Are you sure they were running? If so, do you have other DAT logs?
I have had many problems as well, especially with Gimbal. People on this forum are of the opinion that you only hear of problems from some people, but that's not the "norm". I say DJI's quality control is poor and you do not produce consistent quality and some of us get your lemons.

If you sent your first one in for repair and they replaced it with a refurbished one, DJI may just do the right thing and replace it. If it were me, I would like to know if that replacement Mavic was a new one or a refurbished unit.

Bud

For you info, this MAVIC is my second one. The first one was send to repair due to a gimbal problem. They "repair" it (S/N was not the same, so they changed the whole aircraft). I was flying, suddenly didnt hear any noise from the craft, look up in the sky and it was falling like a stone ! Then 1 m above ground all the motors started again. Unbelivable !

The battery was fully charged, I used it 2 days ago at another flight until 15%. No error from the battery. I still can't believe this !

Hello,

Today i was flying with my mavic, and suddenly, all motors stopped, and it drop from the sky (40m heigh). I was pushing both stick forward before it dropped. Battery was 79%, 12 gps, gps mode, 40 m height, 85m away and full in my sight. Just before it touched the ground, all the motors turned back on, but it was too late and now my mavic is completly destroyed. Can you tell me what happend ?
Hello,

Today i was flying with my mavic, and suddenly, all motors stopped, and it drop from the sky (40m heigh). I was pushing both stick forward before it dropped. Battery was 79%, 12 gps, gps mode, 40 m height, 85m away and full in my sight. Just before it touched the ground, all the motors turned back on, but it was too late and now my mavic is completly destroyed. Can you tell me what happend ?
I think you probably activated both stick (see remote controller urgent stop mode)to emergency stop the motor ..

@smh , I've added your incident to my list of similar ones. It seemed like these power loss issues had pretty much gone away, but it looks like there is still an issue. Your Mavic was built a little more recently than the others on my list, which is a little worrying. Would you mind also trying to find the build date of the battery? It's one data point I hadn't started tracking at the beginning, but it could be worth noting.

One thing that seems to be unique about your incident is that you observed the motors start up again. Also, did I understand correctly that the front LEDs remained lit the whole time, even when the motors were stopped and the Mavic was falling? I've never heard anyone report that before, either.

BTW, here's the link to the data I'm collecting:

Mavic Power Failures - Airtable

Reactions: BudWalker
Hello,

Just read this in the mavic manual. Number 7 on batteries

Over Discharge Protection: To prevent over-discharge damage, discharging automatically stops.
If was brought up about full forward on both sticks
Max draw from the battery
I agree
It shouldn't allow you to do this and back off. Not drop out of the sky

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78