DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimbal issue; you all need to read!

I'm sure someone else will put something like that up at Thingiverse eventually. It's a pretty simple design.

Awesome, i'm going to go down and fix mine now. The gimbal cover creates a crazy effect where you can see the propeller rotation reflection. I flew with it in the beginning but it absolutely affects the clarity of the video/pic. I also experienced the inability to control my Mavic after lift off. wouldn't allow any stick control. powered off and back on only for it to work for about 15 seconds and then lose control again. this time mid-flight over water. started descending. I'll post the full story in the proper thread.

I can't seem to hand catch the Mavic. when I try my hand is seen by the sensors and the Mavic Flys up
Practice keeping your hand out of the way of the two middle sonic sensors. It's OK to cover the bottom front camera. Throttle down quickly.

From some one that has never flown a drone yet except my little blade inductright, how do you shut the Mavic down when hand catching? I thought you had to pull both sticks inwards or outwards to shut it off. how do you do that with one hand?

From some one that has never flown a drone yet except my little blade inductright, how do you shut the Mavic down when hand catching? I thought you had to pull both sticks inwards or outwards to shut it off. how do you do that with one hand?

Pull the Left stick full down for three seconds. The craft must be on the ground or held in place to detect its not flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: scooot
You can set the diagonal down sticks to emergency stop the Mavic in flight or after/during a crash. But normally you hold down the left stick when hand catching or use the auto land option.

Turn off downward facing sensors and catching is easy. I do it with the Mavic hovering at about 7 ft when ready to land so it doesn't effect the rest of the flight.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Having issues with my gimbal as well. However, it looks to be in the correct position as shown in the pictures here, and on inspection all looks good. Here are some links to the videos that I am getting out of the drone (first and second flight):

Flight#1 - 1080P,60fps

Flight#2 - 4K, 30fps

Reactions: JB Bunyi
Having issues with my gimbal as well. However, it looks to be in the correct position as shown in the pictures here, and on inspection all looks good. Here are some links to the videos that I am getting out of the drone (first and second flight):

Flight#1 - 1080P,60fps

Flight#2 - 4K, 30fps

Not a doubt in my mind that you're gimbal has slipped passed the tabs.

Can you post some pics? Flip it on it's back, push the gimbal forward and take a pic, then do the same for the front.

Also check to make sure all the gimbal mount/absorbers are intact

I appreciate the help.

Here are some pictures that I took with the drone on its back. The gimbal appears to be moving freely, and isn't making any abnormal noise. Also, no crash.

Gimbal resting freely:
IMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0262.JPG

Gimbal being pushed:
IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG

Reactions: William Becker
Here's some of mine- you're appears to be correct. But man your video looks exactly how mine looked. It has to be touching the bird somewhere.

Yours looks like it's not sitting flat?

Are you sure when you hold the bird right side up that the gimbal is suspended and NOT touching anywhere besides the four gimbal mounts?
b186ecc2e7997e4a15ef55b0df099a30.jpg
209d455df12655b7f1c56c9034e84512.jpg

In this photo it looks like it's sitting too high for being upside down? Is it possible there is something in between the gimbal and the bird itself?

This is the photo I'm talking about -
0a15933d210bf57e7b94f764eb3851e2.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf